Watching any series on tv?

Old 04-06-2016, 06:46 AM

Default Watching any series on tv?

Networks are offering such poor programming-in my estimation-I am resorting to watching or saving things on pbs stations and other stations....like. Father Brown, Grandchester, Mr. Selfridge, Vikings,

also recently rented a movie from redbox that I thought would be cute......the intern. Well,although parts were cute...it was kind of "huh?" Why? ---

Even the infomercials are dumb!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM

I watch "Call the Midwife" and "Homefires" on PBS. I am not into mysteries and do not watch crime shows. I do watch some reality shows such as "Deadliest Catch", "The Last Alaskans" River Monsters", Pit Bulls and Parolees", "I am Cait" and "Jazz". I like Animal Planet and Discovery. I am thinking about subscribing to Netflix. I always say I want to see a movie at the theater, then it is gone before I know it.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM

Love Father Brown and Granchester. Wish there were some new Homefires being shown on our PBS station.... we're in Illinois. Also liked the new show about the Civil War... can't think of the name right now, something
Street, but it was very good. PBS, the Food Network and the History channel are about the only things we watch. We do like the NCIS shows, Major Crimes and Mysteries of Laura. Besides those there's really not much out there. As I said a week or so ago when this was a topic... CBS, NBC and ABC have a lot to be desired the past few years. The comedies aren't funny and most have a political bend to them, I
'm not really interested in their opinions, and the dramas, with the exception of a very few, are either so bloody or someone's in bed with someone else, whether the story line calls for it or not, that they're not entertaining anymore. I'm no prude, but seriously, how many times do we need to see people in bed together? Between the bad writing and the horrible commercials, I'm not sure which is worse. I love BBC and PBS they truly are the only stations worth our time.

Last edited by oh munner; 04-06-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-06-2016, 08:40 AM

Oh Munner are you talking about Underground? DH and I are watching that and it's very exciting. You never know what is going to happen next.
I watch Amazing Race, survivor, and big bang theory too.
Otherwise i am working, quilting or gardening.
Who has time to be bored??
Old 04-06-2016, 08:48 AM

I'm more Walker Texas Ranger and Fanatasy Island
Old 04-06-2016, 08:56 AM

I watch Nashville (for the music) and Limitless, Madam Secretary and The Good Wife (soon to be over). One of the best written, which isn't on a major network (FX at 10pm EDT) is The Americans, although some of the episodes have some "edgy" situations, to say the least. It's about Russian spies living as Americans in DC during the Reagan era. Fascinating and "down memory lane" at the same time. Now that ncaa basketball is finished the tv won't be on too much. Time for outdoor activities. Oh, forgot, Big Bang Theory is a can't miss, too.

Last edited by heronlady; 04-06-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 AM

The Outlander Series on Stars is about to kick off, either on Saturday or Sunday. It's been a great series but I record it and fast forward thru the gory parts.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:40 AM

We ditched Direct TV last fall and signed up for Netflix. The shows on local channels have become silly or boring so we watch Netflix or PBS all the time now. We have gotten into Madam Secretary, Longmire, Grey's Anatomy and Orange if the New Black (our kids are shocked we're watching that one). I have enjoyed every British show that I've watched on PBS or Netflix!
Old 04-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I love Better Call Saul. We record it and fast forward through the commercials. Can't stand commercials. Better Call Saul is like a prequel to Breaking Bad, but focuses on the atty, Saul Goodman, in his early days as Jimmy McGill. Much less gory than Breaking Bad, but the same great writing and directing. It's so interesting! Season one is now on Netflix, and season two is airing but only has one or two episodes left to run.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:23 PM

I really like "NCIS" (Mark Harmon and David McCallum), "The Good Wife" (because I saw it when it started and now it is ending so want to see how they end it), "The Big Bang Theory", "Elementary", "Castle" and "Major Crimes". Our PBS is such a pain - it seems just as you think you know their schedule they change it. But I love "Sherlock" and actually went to see it at the theater.
I am usually doing something else while I am watching TV (like using my computer, sewing or even reading) it is hard on me to JUST watch TV. The DVR is my best friend - I enjoy seeing what is on American Pickers and Pawn Stars but cannot stand their babbling so watch it in fast forward. If something looks interesting I will stop and watch that section only. Also, since I am not one to go shopping just to see what is out there and I love kitchen gadget so I record "In The Kitchen with David" on QVC and they watch it in fast forward too.