Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New use for the backscratcher >

New use for the backscratcher

New use for the backscratcher

Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

I bought myself a pair of bbq tongs. Dh started to walk off with my "laundry tongs" NNNNNope!!! He wanted to know why they were on top of the dryer. Not his. I have one of those extending Swiffer handles. I use a fluffer to get any extra dog hair or lint from the washer after washing Brutus' bedding. Also helps if I accidently leave a tissue or else in a pocket to wipe out .
Old 09-01-2016, 04:28 PM

I know the feeling. My husband bought me a small foldable stool so I could get laundry out of the washer and not fall in.😄😜
Old 09-01-2016, 04:59 PM

We bought a bunch of grabbers before I had knee surgery -- we have one in each room for picking things up off the floor and off of shelves. Can't live without them now.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:35 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by sewmuch View Post
We have grabbers all over the house to retrieve dropped things, etc...Hubby buys them at Harbor Freight, inexpensive...
Thank you! I have guild meeting in the morning and Harbor Freight is very close by!! I use those grabbers all the time in the kitchen and bedroom; need one in sewing room and living room.

Jan in VA
Old 09-01-2016, 06:00 PM

haha I use the back scratcher too. Earlier this evening I was wondering if my short daughter had problems reaching the clothes also and was going to tell her the next time I saw her how to use it to get the clothes out. I use it to slide dropped items from under my desk also. I also scratch my dogs back with it, they love it and I don't have to bend over if they are on the floor. I use a long spoon in the kitchen to slide items to the front of the top cabinets so I can reach them.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:32 PM

I need one that folds so that I can get the items off the top shelves at the supermarket.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
A youngster I am not and do not bend as easily as I once could. I have trouble reaching to the back of my dryer as it has a large drum. I now employ the backscratcher to reach to the rear to pull items forward. Still have to bend but no longer need to crawl into the dryer to retreive that last item. -- Works for me!
We got a new washer and I can't reach the bottom so I went into the kitchen and got my tongs and they work great. I got a pair for the laundry room and hang them up with a cup hook.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Brilliant!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:43 AM

My dd mil used a bamboo walking cane...I bet from a "carnival" a long time ago....two yrs ago I pulled a muscles in my back and it really hurt to reach into the cave of the dryer...so I too, grabbed my back scratcher...and saluted my dd mil! Btw...still use that claw in the laundry room..sort of spoiled me!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
Medical supply places have long handled " grabbers". Great for getting stuff from back in the corner when the old back won't bend..
Can't live without my grabber! Keep it next to my sewing machine to pick up things I have dropped. Once I bent over in my rolling chair to pick up something and the chair pulled out from me and I wound up on the floor, black and blue. Will never do that again. Grabber to the resue from now on.