Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Old 09-03-2016, 02:32 AM

I'm moving all my quilting out of the upstairs and into a downstairs apartment that I have claimed for my quilting. I'm not very stable anymore, so I had two little Amish kids take everything downstairs and put it on the living room floor. I have it about half sorted and stored in plastic containers on shelves in the closet. It is an overwhelming task. So yesterday I decided to just put all the containers in a pile in the closet without sorting. That way I can get to the sewing machine. I feel better. But that is what I will be working on this weekend. The mosquitoes are so bad I can't be outside.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:06 AM

Yesterday, I got the extra pieces cut for the baby blocks quilt. Then I make 7 blocks.
Had to stop there because DH came in with some wild blueberries he had picked and he wanted me to make him a blueberry cake.
Got that done and then it was time for evening meal.
Never did make it back to sewing.
Hopefully, I will get a few more blocks finished today.....9 more to do.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:34 AM

I got a whole total of one row sewn on the blooming nine patch. I've been sick and I guess it zapped my strength. But I'll still do what I can.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I'm moving all my quilting out of the upstairs and into a downstairs apartment that I have claimed for my quilting. I'm not very stable anymore, so I had two little Amish kids take everything downstairs and put it on the living room floor. I have it about half sorted and stored in plastic containers on shelves in the closet. It is an overwhelming task. So yesterday I decided to just put all the containers in a pile in the closet without sorting. That way I can get to the sewing machine. I feel better. But that is what I will be working on this weekend. The mosquitoes are so bad I can't be outside.
Marcia, too bad about the mosquitos - the weather is glorious this weekend. We have lots of the nasty little guys here too. Take it easy on the moving, take time to sew a little for a rest.
Some friends of ours are camping in Shipshe this weekend and ate at Copper Top - wish we could have gone with them but we have a family reunion today.
Glad you are joining our Virtual Quilting Weekend!
Old 09-03-2016, 03:40 AM

I'll be working on a special quilt for very special friends. I've been working on this for quite some time and this weekend hope to finish FMQ it and some stencil quilting. Hopefully, even bind it. .I'll be so glad to be ready to gift it.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:10 AM

I am working on a quilt for our bed. Want to paint the room yellow(husband not too happy) We have a grey headboard so want to make the quilt grey and yellow.using a star pattern. time for a change!
Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 AM

Welcome to your first VQW! You are welcome to take a picture and share with us if you like. We all love pictures and seeing what others are doing.

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I've never participated in this Virtual Quilting Weekend but I have a Christmas table runner that I want to finish this week-end so I will say I am in for this one. I don't know if I will get it completely done but will try. Do I take a pic when I'm done. I'm not sure just how this week-end thing works.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 AM

I will be adding a border to my 2016 Minnesota Row by Row quilt, sandwiching it and then FMQing it. Want to get it done so I can begin a crazy quilt with my new toy - a White Featherweight Singer sewing machine. Have fun everyone!
Old 09-03-2016, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I'll join starting on Saturday morning; today was guild day, followed by lunch with a bunch of the gals, then a couple of errands, then a well-needed nap. I've been working my way thru stash of plain squares, strips of various widths, and HSTs never used. Using them to make quilts for the guild's Community Quilts bee. I MUST use up lots of stash as I will be moving again sometime in the next 6 months or so, into a place much smaller than I have now. The little living room will be my sewing space with no sofa, just one comfy chair and the TV. The rest will be the fabric armoire, the sewing table, several storage cabinets of notions, etc., and an ironing surface. It's going to be tight!

So tomorrow I start another quick-ish, easy 50" x 40" quilt, probably in the modern theme using strips of varying widths. I don't have a camera so will see if my daughter can help me share a few pics.

Jan in VA
Jan, are you moving far from your present location? How are you these days? I remember reading that you were having problems with thyroid condition. How goes that? Did you have another consult with different doctor?
Think about you at those times when my own thyroid condition throws me for a loop.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:46 AM

I am joining in this weekend! I am working on a string quilt and the first clue of the Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt blocks!