Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Old 09-03-2016, 07:01 AM

Hi all,
We have a tropical storm coming up the East Coast. I am safe on the 4th floor in the middle of NYC. I worry about beach communities. I have been doing The Splendid Sampler, 6" blocks. I'm ready to add sashing to the 3rd set. Check this out,
if you are curious. The's a great variety of styles and it is free!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by tapper View Post
Jan, are you moving far from your present location? How are you these days? I remember reading that you were having problems with thyroid condition. How goes that? Did you have another consult with different doctor?
Think about you at those times when my own thyroid condition throws me for a loop.
Tapper,
It was a whirlwind ride with the thyroid -- story here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/persona...d-t276153.html
But I'm thru it and good currently.
I'll only be moving 20 minutes "up the road" to a really lovely, income regulated, age-restricted, 5 year old, single level condo community in the sweet town of Bedford VA, almost back to where I was when the 200 yo cottage was sold out from under me a year+ ago. Looking forward to being there, not so much having to do the moving thing again!!

I'm just about to head to the sewing room -- I call it my studio -- to begin another smallish (approx. 40" x 50") quilt for our Community Quilts program at the guild. Had a late breakfast, went thru email. Facebook, news, online and now am feeling sleepy and lazy. Refuse to give in to that so I'll get a quick shower to wake me up and start sewing. I want to get some pics of what I've done lately, and today, to share here, if my daughter can help. My phone takes pics, but I have no cell plan to transfer them to the internet. She can email them to me and I can then send them to the board. I hope!!

Jan in VA
Old 09-03-2016, 08:05 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
Oh, Jan, it's sad you have to move again. AND into a smaller space. Hugs to you.
Thanks, you're sweet to care. I'm rather looking forward to being where there will be more people around me than I have now, though the moving part will be the pits. It won't hurt to have less to take care of, too, over the next years of my life!

Jan in VA
Old 09-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Looks like Macybaby is ready to roll.....

How many bears in your project, thimble? They are so cute...

mowed lawn again so now I am ready to cut up some denim.
It is a pattern I collected back in 1999 I think. There are 18 large blocks and some of them have more than one bear on them.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:21 AM

Sew for me girls and guys. In an hour and a half yesterday I went from having a very quiet weekend to a houseful of company. DH says don't answer the phone next time. No sewing for me. Have fun, post lots of pictures.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 AM

here's my progress so far. I started out making 4.5" block groups, and ripped out as much as I sewed. So I switched gears and now I"m working my way down, and putting the pieces together in groups (based on where the intersections are). Working much better this way!

There are three more rows across that I'll work on after I get these ones done. There are 19 rows down, so I'll move these rows "up" and then finish the bottom portion. I think this one is going to be on the design wall for several more weeks. I have to switch gears soon and get out to the LA.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Tapper,
It was a whirlwind ride with the thyroid -- story here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/persona...d-t276153.html
But I'm thru it and good currently.
I'll only be moving 20 minutes "up the road" to a really lovely, income regulated, age-restricted, 5 year old, single level condo community in the sweet town of Bedford VA, almost back to where I was when the 200 yo cottage was sold out from under me a year+ ago. Looking forward to being there, not so much having to do the moving thing again!!

I'm just about to head to the sewing room -- I call it my studio -- to begin another smallish (approx. 40" x 50") quilt for our Community Quilts program at the guild. Had a late breakfast, went thru email. Facebook, news, online and now am feeling sleepy and lazy. Refuse to give in to that so I'll get a quick shower to wake me up and start sewing. I want to get some pics of what I've done lately, and today, to share here, if my daughter can help. My phone takes pics, but I have no cell plan to transfer them to the internet. She can email them to me and I can then send them to the board. I hope!!

Jan in VA
Thanks for sending the link.
That was what I remember reading but I didn't read the final pages of the thread. My laptop went kabooie and I had to buy a new one and I lost my bookmarked pages.
You have been through the wringer for sure but it seems like you are doing much better. So happy for you.
All the best.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:09 AM

I'm making progress on the blooming nine patch. I did one long row this morning and 3 short rows this afternoon. This thread really keeps me motivated.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:32 AM

Happy Saturday everyone! Did my morning chores and I'm sitting at my machine, ready to startle ing again. My first eXperience doing HST, and there's a lot of them! Wish me luck. :-)
Old 09-03-2016, 10:46 AM

I finished up my Lover's knot top yesterday, will be awhile before its quilted