kitchen countertops

Old 01-01-2017, 05:45 AM

Mine are honed granite. Not super shiny. They do have to be wiped but I have clothes from NORWEX that are amazing. Wipe and no streaking, water marks. Although Don Aslet says no surface is clean until it is wiped with a dry cloth!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting View Post
Does anyone here have black counter tops in your kitchen? Are you happy with them? pros and cons?
My sister in law does and she does not like them. They show dust very quickly and need to be dusted off daily. I have a black stove and refrigerator in my kitchen. And I Will never do that again. They show dust and finger prints very quickly. And grease is terrible to get off!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 PM

My countertops are not solid black but are black with white marble-looking streaks. They are just plain old Formica (this was supposed to be a second house - things changed!!) - black with white marble-looking streaks - I've had the, since 1999 and never had any problems at all. In fact, I've tried to clean up what I thought were spots of whatever and it turned out to be part of the pattern. My cabinets are white and I love the color combination. I know others really,like,granite but I wouldn't have it for anything - there are other solid countertops thst are much easier to take care of. Anyway, stores probably still have a sample of what I have if you want to see. And I agree with the others - a solid black will drive you crazy.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC