Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need your eyes and opinions >

Need your eyes and opinions

Need your eyes and opinions

Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 AM

Default Need your eyes and opinions

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! I finished all the blocks for this in April, and finally decided it was time to lay it out, and sew them together. But, before I begin, I want to make sure I don't have any wayward blocks. I never want to see this fabric line again, I made a king size log cabin quilt, this quilt, and I still have a fat quarter bundle that will get put far away so I won't see it for a few years!! Thanks for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails img_0276.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Beautiful quilt!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Wow! Love your quilt! I'm not seeing anything wrong with your layout. All I can see is a great quilt.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

looks in order to me
Old 07-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Wonderful quilt! Great colors (although I can see it might get boring after making two quilts with them)! I looked carefully, counting lights and darks in the trails, stars, etc. I don't see anything out of place. I don't blame you for wanting other sets of eyes. It's a very complex pattern. You did a fantastic job on it.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:14 AM

WHOA that is spectacular! What a challenging and intricate pattern.... these inexpert eye can't see anything out of place for what it's worth. I'm really impressed with the snail blocks and the rhythmic pattern they create. Really makes for a dynamic quilt in combination with the stars. Awesome job!
Old 07-04-2017, 08:16 AM

Beautiful! I love that color combination. I don't see any problems.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

I like that pattern a lot. Can/Will you post the name of it? Was it in a book or is it a buy-by-itself pattern?

Would it be possible to post another photo from another angle?

I am "one of those" that like symmetry/balance in color placement.

All the twists are turning the same way

Are you trying to avoid "clumps" of the same/or very close fabrics in your placement?

If so, on the far right there is a "clump" of dark blue - a largish square and a largish triangle - my eye went to that spot right away.

Are you taking photos of each of your layouts?

With all the variables, it is okay as it is - I think the spin direction is the "most critical" factor in your layout.

(You did ask - - - - )
Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

Gorgeous, even though you are sick of the fabric line, the combination of blue and tan is timeless and I am sure you will get loads of pleasure from the quilts you made with it.

Bear, the pattern is known as Shakespeare in the Park by Judy Martin. I love this as well and would like to make it someday but I don't have the book this is in. It can be found in The Creative Pattern Book but may also appear in other places. It is a combination of the Snails Trail block and Star in a Star block.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Patt.../dp/0929589068
Old 07-04-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I like that pattern a lot. Can/Will you post the name of it? Was it in a book or is it a buy-by-itself pattern?

Would it be possible to post another photo from another angle?

I am "one of those" that like symmetry/balance in color placement.

All the twists are turning the same way

Are you trying to avoid "clumps" of the same/or very close fabrics in your placement?

If so, on the far right there is a "clump" of dark blue - a largish square and a largish triangle - my eye went to that spot right away.

Are you taking photos of each of your layouts?

With all the variables, it is okay as it is - I think the spin direction is the "most critical" factor in your layout.

(You did ask - - - - )
Bearisgray,

The pattern is Shakespeare In The Park by Judy Martin and is from the Creative Pattern Book (which I must love because I have 3 of them) .

I too like symmetry, it's that smidgen of OCD I have and I really do appreciate honest feedback as I consider it a complement when someone takes the time to share feedback, it helps me becaome a better quilter and or person!! I did see the clump of blue and changed it, as well as some of the brownish tones.
Attached Thumbnails img_0277.jpg   img_0278.jpg