Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki TL-2200 QVP Mini Feet >

Juki TL-2200 QVP Mini Feet

Juki TL-2200 QVP Mini Feet

Old 08-09-2017, 06:17 AM

Default Juki TL-2200 QVP Mini Feet

I have purchased a Juki TL-2200 QVP mini used and it is missing some of the original feet that were sold with the machine. I was wondering what kind of differences, if any, there are between the genuine Juki feet and generic high shank feet. I am mainly curious about the walking foot and free motion feet. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:03 PM

I just purchased the Juki TL-2200 QVP Mini a few months ago from an authorized dealer and it came with several feet including the two you mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question but I am curious myself what others who have the TL-2200 QVP Mini (or it's predecessor the TL-2010Q) have discovered. I'm aware of the Echo Foot and the Ruler Foot both of which are optional and available from Juki for $49 (i think). Would be nice to know if there are other generic high shank feet that are known to work well. Will be following your thread to see!

I hope you're enjoying your new Juki as much as I am - it sure is a fun, fun, fun machine!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:58 AM

It looks like we might just have to experiment ourselves. Some of the feet are cheap enough to try without hurting too bad. There is a generic walking foot that is ~$20. I may try that one first.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

I don't have that Juki but I have one I think is close- the TL2010-Q. It came with 2 FMQ feet but they are closed so I bought a generic on Amazon that has a large opening and I love it. It was only 12.00. I bet it would work on yours. If you want the info let me know. I got it from another quilter on the board.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:36 AM

I've found that most feet within reason will fit. Since some are so cheap, and I'm a Pfaffie (foot for every job) I've bought a few. There are exceptions. If you want an open toe foot, go ahead. Some of the Brother and generic narrow feet work just fine. If the foot is made as a single hole, check it. Some of the cheaper ones don't line up. I did buy a Janome walking foot. I can't use it on single hole, but I can use the open foot. Most of the quilting type, since they are essentially open work. I couldn't find a 1/4 inch foot with a guide that fit right until Juki put it out. I hate that stupid offset one. If Juki has fixed the walking foot to accomodate a quilting bar, I will replace and sell the Janome.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:04 AM

Maude... I was at my local Juki dealer this past weekend and asked about interchangeable feet - the answer was to stick with the Juki brand to ensure a proper fit. She said often the other high shank brands (well known or generic) don't properly line up with the needle on the Juki TL series. I know that's likely a standard dealer response but I thought I would ask and update you on what they said. Since the TL2200QVP mini comes with all but two feet (ruler foot & echo foot) I'm not sure I will ever have to try another brand? Especially since I came home with the echo foot that day!

Weezy - I have used my walking foot (that came with my recent purchase of the TL2200qvp mini in July) with the guide and it works great! The only time I noticed a bit of noise I quickly discovered the screw wasn't tight enough - but once I tightened it I used it for many hours with no problems - it just purred along. Beautiful sandwiching of several layers of material/peltex/fusible interface and cording while constructing a tote bag and this machine worked through it all like a charm! The size 16 needle helped too! I will say I choose to control the speed down to about half and that's plenty with the walking foot/guide.

I have been working beyond my beginner talents and this machine has not failed me yet! I'm still in the honeymoon stage so I do follow the recommendation to keep it clean (lint free) after each use and oiled about every 10 hours or so of operation. The only shortcoming - that has been repeated by others - is the lighting could be better but I solve that with my stand-up OTT Lite.

Truly a great mechanical straight stitch machine!

Christine
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 AM

So I wanted to report back to this thread. I ended up purchasing a non-Juki walking foot. It was $58 and is made in Japan. So far I am really impressed with it. I got it on Friday and I used it to bind one quilt and then used it for some straight line quilting on another. It's a little noisy, but I think by default a walking foot going at high speeds is going to create a lot of noise. If anyone is in need of a walking foot for a TL series Juki (98, 2000, 2010, or 2200) this is a more affordable option:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think my next purchase will be an open toe free motion foot, but It will be a minute before I buy another foot.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Maude... I was at my local Juki dealer this past weekend and asked about interchangeable feet - the answer was to stick with the Juki brand to ensure a proper fit. She said often the other high shank brands (well known or generic) don't properly line up with the needle on the Juki TL series. I know that's likely a standard dealer response but I thought I would ask and update you on what they said. Since the TL2200QVP mini comes with all but two feet (ruler foot & echo foot) I'm not sure I will ever have to try another brand? Especially since I came home with the echo foot that day!

Weezy - I have used my walking foot (that came with my recent purchase of the TL2200qvp mini in July) with the guide and it works great! The only time I noticed a bit of noise I quickly discovered the screw wasn't tight enough - but once I tightened it I used it for many hours with no problems - it just purred along. Beautiful sandwiching of several layers of material/peltex/fusible interface and cording while constructing a tote bag and this machine worked through it all like a charm! The size 16 needle helped too! I will say I choose to control the speed down to about half and that's plenty with the walking foot/guide.

I have been working beyond my beginner talents and this machine has not failed me yet! I'm still in the honeymoon stage so I do follow the recommendation to keep it clean (lint free) after each use and oiled about every 10 hours or so of operation. The only shortcoming - that has been repeated by others - is the lighting could be better but I solve that with my stand-up OTT Lite.

Truly a great mechanical straight stitch machine!

Christine
Thanks for letting me know. Since I bought my machine used with less feet than was originally shipped with the machine, I have no choice but to replace some of them.

You and I are in the same phase. I am loving this machine, but I am just started to do FMQ, so this machine is meeting all my needs at the moment.

I am generating a lot of lint, but I am also not letting the machine rest very much When I notice a bit of build up, I just bring the vacuum over and use the wand attachment with a drinking straw held in the nozzle and suck up all the fuzz. High speeds and a non-stop running of fabric, thread, and batting, it's no wonder.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM

I am so looking forward to 'test driving' a Juki this winter. Until then, I'm enjoying all of the posts about them.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:21 PM

Thank you for the update MaudeFlanagan - glad all is working so well with the generic walking foot!

Lots2do - I think you will like the Juki TL series machines. The TL2200qvp mini was $100 more than the TL2010 but it came with several extra feet that would cost much more than the difference in price. I couldnt he happier with my Juki after many, many hours working on quilts, totes & duffel bags with ultra firm Peltex, batting, fabric and zippers! This machine is definitely a solid workhorse.

Christine