Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MUVit foot doesn't let the quilt sandwich glide through >

MUVit foot doesn't let the quilt sandwich glide through

MUVit foot doesn't let the quilt sandwich glide through

Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Default MUVit foot doesn't let the quilt sandwich glide through

Does anyone else have a machine with a MUVit foot? I have a Baby Lock Crescendo and when I attach the foot the quilt sandwich just doesn't want to go through the space between the machine bed and the foot. Nothing external is causing a hang-up - it just bunches under the foot making for inconsistent stitching. I took the foot off and attached it very carefully, making sure it was on right. Has anyone else experienced this? It is very frustrating.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Do you have a presser foot pressure adjustment feature on that machine?

One can make that adjustment on a lot of the old mechanical machines, but i have no idea if that is even possible with some of the newer machines.

What it does - it adjusts how "hard/tightly" the presser foot is pressing down on the fabric.

Some of the vintage machine folks can explain it better than I can.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Have you checked YouTube for tutorials? Sometimes they include useful tips.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:35 AM

My contemporary machines have had a pressure adjustment for the presser foot, but I don't know about the Crescendo.

I found a youtube about using the MuVit foot on a Dreamweaver. I'm sure they'll be one on the Crescendo out there somewhere.

Edit: Have you checked your manual to make sure there isn't something you're not doing? Sometimes there's an adjustment or plug in that you have to do to make everything work.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 08-15-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Here's a link to one of the YouTube videos on using the MuVit foot on a Dreamweaver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-salZCU6-eY

She mentions that she has the foot on +3 pressure. Towards the end, when she is working on 10 layers of fabric, she changes the foot pressure to -2.

According to this website (scroll down a little), the MuVit foot has pressure settings of -10 to +10.
https://mysterybayquiltdesign.com/20...t-second-post/

What kind of batting are you using? The above used Warm and Natural and found the default setting of 0 to be good.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks! I will check out all of the recommendations. I know I have the foot on correctly and I did try the different settings on the foot itself but not on the machine.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:15 PM

Hi MQ,

I have the crescendo and the walking foot that came with it. Is it the big white one that plugs into back of machine?

First, do you see the walking foot indicated on the screen area? It will say "DF" on the upper left area. Is the foot plugged in all the way?

Second, make sure the foot is tight on the shank and the holding screw is tight. No wiggle on the foot.
Check the attached foot on the WF and make sure the foot is secure.

I have never adjusted settings. What stitch length are you using? Do you have the extension table attached?

The foot has 3 different feet attachments available. Generally, I use the SITD one attached to walking foot.

PS: What stitch are you using? Mine is set up with WF so I can check for you.

Hope that helps! Rhonda
Old 08-15-2017, 03:01 PM

PSS:

Check the side of the foot for a switch with arrows indicating UP or DOWN. Mine is in the down position.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Rhonda, I admit that I didn't pay a lot of attention to the screen. I will definitely do that.
Yes, the foot was tightly attached - no wiggle.
I am using the open toe foot with a straight stitch set at 3 or 3.5.
I also tried the side setting in both directions and picked the one that seemed to do best.

I watched the lady's video where she kept bulking up the fabric and I saw how her foot adjusted to the layers. Mine did not adjust at all. Maybe I didn't have it plugged in all the way. More practice required.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:43 PM

MQ,

It sounds like you have it installed correctly. I went to the BL manual for the machine. Do you have one? If not, go to the BL site and there is a place to down load one for reference. Check in the Basic operations section. (starts page 55).

On page B-57 there is an explanation on how to adjust the amount of fabric going through the machine. It's in the settings function on your screen settings.

Is the black belt moving along when stitching? I know you can't stitch fast with the WF. Stitch about medium and a little less than medium. (if you can stand it). LOL.

Next, do you have a local dealer that you can take the machine and a sample so they can see the problem? Hopefully, they are close by and can help you.

Just trying to help you get it figured out. I love using that big foot for quilting and stitch all bindings too. Good luck!

Another option is to send an email to BL and see if they can help.