Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-01-2017, 06:24 PM

Is it just me, or does this MQ seem a little more challenging than last year's? Personally I'm really enjoying the challange and tiny pieces, but I think this would be kind of hard for some.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:29 PM

The stitch and flip w/ the squares on the sides of the rectangle? Then trimming side triangles????? If so I have never liked that or had much accuracy w/ it.

Yeah, that's it ...... squares on the sides. The accuracy what was driving me crazy with those units in Allietare. I think I'm going to do these flying geese with the no waste method ....... easier and no aggravation.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Everyone's 9 patches look great!
Wow some of you are fast!! - those Flying Geese that have been shown are nice!!

Sewbiz - Hope you are healing well and feeling strong! You and Battle Axe need to use the Klutz glove!! I haven't used one but I'm thinking that I should because I can be a bit of a "Klutz"!

Windblown - Hope you are feeling better tonight - be careful with cutting and do take it slow! Also hope your Mom is feeling better - DH and I are the main caregivers for 4 of our elderly relatives and "every day is an adventure"!

Macybaby - Congrats on getting your quilt done!! Did I miss the pic?

I'm hoping to join in soon. I will be copying Bonnie's instructions and enjoying everyone's posts.
The last few weeks have been a really busy time for us with relatives visiting from out of town. We laugh that we are the "Family Inn" with the "revolving door" and like I said "every day is an adventure"!
Old 12-01-2017, 06:40 PM

The no waste 4 at a time worked very well for me today. Accurate and relatively quick
Originally Posted by Sync View Post
The stitch and flip w/ the squares on the sides of the rectangle? Then trimming side triangles????? If so I have never liked that or had much accuracy w/ it.

Yeah, that's it ...... squares on the sides. The accuracy what was driving me crazy with those units in Allietare. I think I'm going to do these flying geese with the no waste method ....... easier and no aggravation.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

GramE, tscweaves and Kassandra your units are beautiful! Kassandra I am loving the black floral print, contrasts beautifully with the brick fabric.
I am using the no waste method finished about 1/3 of them this evening. Still have Christmas cards to write and finish quilting feathers on a quilt that has to be done by next week.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3974.jpg  
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Wow, so many posts I am lost trying to keep track of who I wanted to respond to! So let me just say 'many thanks' to all who have wished my pinky finger well. It still looks like white wax, but in a couple of days I'm hoping some color returns. Then I'll know blood flow has reconnected and it's going to be okay. It doesn't hurt at all!

I love your photos, block units and fabrics that you have shown. Here I am, pulling up the rear with my Clue 1s....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584636[/ATTACH]

Seams all spun...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3132.jpg   img_3133.jpg  
Old 12-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Sewbiz, love those deep rich blues
Old 12-01-2017, 08:24 PM

I really like your clear white w/ those pink corals
Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
GramE, tscweaves and Kassandra your units are beautiful! Kassandra I am loving the black floral print, contrasts beautifully with the brick fabric.
I am using the no waste method finished about 1/3 of them this evening. Still have Christmas cards to write and finish quilting feathers on a quilt that has to be done by next week.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584635[/ATTACH]
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 PM

Such a lovely collection of blues, Sewbiz!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
Great looking flying geese, tscweaves and GramE.

I can't understand why anyone would not go get the free clues from Quiltville with all the handy helps. I'm downloading them to my phone to keep in case I want to make this again.
I, too, found all the different methods helpful, with the opportunity to pick one of our choice . I was surprised she did not include an Accuquilt die method. She said in her intro that she would not give out die info because it would reveal the sizes too early. But once the clue and sizes are revealed, i wonder why she did not include that as a possible Flying Geese method?