Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for the name of this quilt pattern >

Looking for the name of this quilt pattern

Looking for the name of this quilt pattern

Old 05-09-2018, 08:18 AM

If you will notice, the pattern at alwaysquiltingonline.com is made on a larger scale than the one Yolajean made. The pattern says it's 58x72. It's four blocks down and 3 blocks wide. So the blocks are about 19" unfinished. Yolajean's are much smaller. I would guess that Yolajean's has a 5" focus square vs. a 10" focus square for the alwaysquiltingonline version.

So, if you buy the pattern, you will have to make some adjustments to make it look like Jolajean's, which I think is prettier.

bkay
Old 05-09-2018, 09:55 AM

I think that if you Google Zig Zag Zoom by Mary Ann Altendorf, this pattern with directions comes up, via Pinterest with pattern directions. Using 6.5" squares and 2.5" squares and the background strips all measurements are visible. It is kind of hard to see but if you enlarge the post it's right there.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-09-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:33 AM

Great quilt! I have a stash of KF fabrics just waiting for inspiration.....may have to get them out and play! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-13-2018, 09:39 PM

The pattern is Zig Zag Zoom by Always Quilting

http://www.alwaysquiltingonline.com/...uct=aqpatterns
Old 05-16-2018, 04:44 PM

Thank you for all of your kind responses. On my FB timeline, I had a post from someone with a heading Kaffe Fassett Connection. Asked for photos of quilts with Kaffe's fabric. I posted a picture of this quilt. Well, I found out the name of it; it is Zig Zag Zoom! It is a copyright pattern. I made mine from the Pinterest photo so mine is a bit different. Strip sizes are finished at 1 1/2. My blocks finished at 10.5" so the quilt is approximately 62" x 72".

You may find the copyright pattern on alwaysquiltingonline.com. It is a design by Mary Ann Altendorf.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: remove copyright pic
Old 05-16-2018, 07:41 PM

Beautiful quilt. Love your choice of colors.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:23 PM

Just by doing the search Zig Zag Zoom via Google the pattern with diagrams, fabric requirements, cutting directions shows up.
Don't know if Mary Ann Altendorf is aware or if indeed she posted it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pint...23mfUwZYLi4sM:

I just entered Mary Ann Altendorf in the Pinterest search engine and it appears many of her patterns show up with the pattern page that includes directions? Isn't that interesting that although the patterns are sold they are posted on Pinterest including directions? With so many I don't think it's a fluke.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-17-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:33 AM
mac

I just entered Mary Ann Altendorf in the Pinterest search engine and it appears many of her patterns show up with the pattern page that includes directions? Isn't that interesting that although the patterns are sold they are posted on Pinterest including directions? With so many I don't think it's a fluke.[/QUOTE]

I see the fabric list, but no directions.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:26 AM

Hi when I glick on my link in message 37 it takes me right to the pattern page on pinterest the top left image which is Zig Zag Zoom, if you or anyone cannot find it this way PM to me. Click on the image and it will enlarge the picture and there it shows all the directions. I'm told that Mary Ann Altendorf has posted these.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
I don't know the name bout will be watching this thread to see if anyone comes up with the name. I really like your quilt.
Jannie! Found the name of the quilt and designer. We won't go into how I found it!! It is called, "Zig Zag Zoom" created by Mary Ann Altendorf from alwaysquiltingonline.com. My version is slightly different but so close.