Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My love/hate relationship with Pinterest >

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 AM
mac

Smile My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

I love, love Pinterest. I love all of the information you can get on just about anything. I love all of the pictures, recipes, ideas, quilt patterns and just about everything about Pinterest.

I hate that I am addicted to Pinterest. I get on Pinterest and the time flies by and the next thing that I know hours and hours have passed.

Just this morning a thread from this Board directed me to something on Pinterest. I looked it up and one thing led to another and now I just realized that 3 hours have passed. I could have sworn that I was on Pinterest for only about 15 minutes. Of course, even knowing that I am addicted to this site, I am still always ready to go there. Setting a timer doesn't help, as I am so engrossed in what I am doing that I don't even hear the timer.

Am I the only one with this addiction?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 AM

mac,
Not by a LONG shot. I have so many things pinned from there. One day I thought I should "clean it up"...spent several hours and I think I only got rid of two or three pins

LOL
Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

No, I don't even like Pinterest! I find it overwhelming. But I know what you mean about time flying. That happens when I'm here
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM

My goodness, what happens to me is I click something which leads to another page, then another page, etc etc. before you know it quite a bit of time has passed. What annoys me though is seeing the same pins over and over. For instance I have a lot of "drink cider vinegar and this happens" or "eat a lemon every day and this happens." I never click on those kind of things, yet there they are every single time I get on Pinterest. Other than that, I find it very entertaining.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
mac,
One day I thought I should "clean it up"...spent several hours and I think I only got rid of two or three pins

LOL
When I go through mine I always find the same thing that I've pinned two or three times.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:50 AM

I don't understand Pinterest and never end up where I thought I was going. I don't bother.

Watson
Old 05-18-2018, 02:14 PM

I like Pinterest and use it regularly. I'm always aware that it is a "time sucker" though, as I call it, so I usually limit the time I spend there. It is fun though. So easy to just save all those fun ideas, doesn't cost me a thing. Do I ever use those great ideas? A few, mainly recipes.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:22 PM
mac

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
When I go through mine I always find the same thing that I've pinned two or three times.
Isn't that the truth! I tried to clean mine up and then I end up like I was in a pachinko machine. I go from one to the other and then to the next and in the end I never did delete that one thing that I was going to delete. But, in the meantime, I have saved a few more to make my list even longer. Crazy, isn't it!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:47 PM

I enjoy Pinterest too, but I agree that it is easy to get so sucked into looking at everything while the time flies, and before you know it, you can feel like a failure as a human being because you've wasted so much time--time that you could be doing something much more valuable, like hanging out on The Quilting Board... I especially like the humor boards. Some of tbe things I read on there are so funny!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:51 PM

I don’t like it. I can’t seem to get where I want within the program. I hate it when I do a google search and inadvertently end up at a Pinterest, it’s like a dead end for me.