Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-24-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
The batik green I bought this year with no purpose and it worked perfectly in this block.
I love it when I find that piece in my stash that speaks to a F8. At least you can recall when you picked it up - I sometimes wonder how it got in my stash in the first place!
Old 08-24-2018, 02:36 PM

Kass and GramE your blocks for Sewbiz are awesome!
DarcyShannon, great blocks!
Jaba, so glad that you are getting better. Prayers for a complete recovery!
Well, I am finally done! Yippee!!!
This first block is for Libster. It is an eight pointed star from Quilter's Cache.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600015[/ATTACH]

This one is for D.Shannon. A Jacob's Ladder.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600016[/ATTACH]

This one is for Jaba. I started making one block but didn't have enough fabric so I improvised. It's a combination of two different blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600017[/ATTACH]

Last but not least was my nemesis. This one is for Billi. I had no idea what to do with this fabric. I had to do a little fussy cutting. I kept it to last to see what I could come up with. I hope she likes it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600018[/ATTACH]

Janice, I think I will try and get these in the mail to you tomorrow. If not, it will be Monday. You should get them before the 31st.
Attached Thumbnails libster.jpg   d.shannon.jpg   jaba.jpg   billi.jpg  
Old 08-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Klaws, each of your blocks is beautiful! I love the Charlie Brown fabrics. And for Billi, you did a great job with a tough fabric and came up with a very cool, Art Deco block! Nice going...
Old 08-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Great job Klaws, and congrats on finishing. You did a wonderful job with Billi's fabric.

I made the cut of no return. Terri, I have a sneak peak for your block. The F8 had 3 repeats so I stacked them and figured out a shape that would make a 60' triangle when pieced. I am especially proud of these Y seams.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0580.jpg  
Old 08-24-2018, 04:57 PM

Thanks for thinking of Poor ole Rio

Kass can’t wait to see the finished block and what colors you decide to add. Y seams are very scary.

Klaws great blocks
Old 08-25-2018, 04:15 AM

Klaws and DarcyS, love the blocks you've made for me. Thank you.

On the homefront…..(continuing saga) Went in Thursday morning all ready to sign my lease, everything done except for one thing- inspection of new apartment first. Everything went great until we got to the bathroom. No bathtub, no shower rods or curtain, no medicine cabinet or any drawers to store anything in. Picture a room with a tile floor with a shower head coming out of one corner of that room with a small drain in the floor! There was a commode in one corner. I about had a heart attack! They were trying to give me a unit that was for wheelchair accessible. Needless to say, I am back on the waiting list, waiting for an available apartment (with a normal bathroom). I'm going to go ahead and start downsizing anyway so I'll be completely ready when it comes open. Wish me luck!
Old 08-25-2018, 04:25 AM

Libster, definitely wishing you luck. That must have been a huge disappointment. At least you’re on the list and now have more time to prepare for the eventual move.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Klaws and DarcyS, love the blocks you've made for me. Thank you.

On the homefront…..(continuing saga) Went in Thursday morning all ready to sign my lease, everything done except for one thing- inspection of new apartment first. Everything went great until we got to the bathroom. No bathtub, no shower rods or curtain, no medicine cabinet or any drawers to store anything in. Picture a room with a tile floor with a shower head coming out of one corner of that room with a small drain in the floor! There was a commode in one corner. I about had a heart attack! They were trying to give me a unit that was for wheelchair accessible. Needless to say, I am back on the waiting list, waiting for an available apartment (with a normal bathroom). I'm going to go ahead and start downsizing anyway so I'll be completely ready when it comes open. Wish me luck!
Old 08-25-2018, 05:18 AM

Terrific blocks, Klaws. The fabric for Billi I think is one of the most challenging. Nice work. Of course, Libster's star is beautiful as is Jaba's. Love what you did for Darcyshannon, too. Terrific halloween block.

Send me the tracking whenever you get it. Thanks!
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
This first block is for Libster. It is an eight pointed star from Quilter's Cache.
This one is for D.Shannon. A Jacob's Ladder.
This one is for Jaba. I started making one block but didn't have enough fabric so I improvised. It's a combination of two different blocks.
Last but not least was my nemesis. This one is for Billi. I had no idea what to do with this fabric. I had to do a little fussy cutting. I kept it to last to see what I could come up with. I hope she likes it.

Janice, I think I will try and get these in the mail to you tomorrow. If not, it will be Monday. You should get them before the 31st.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:35 AM

Oh Libster sorry for the disappointment. Hope there is an opening soon. At least you can continue downsizing and be ready to go when their is a regular unit available.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:54 AM

How is Rio doing today, Terri? Hope she heals fast.