Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 02-17-2023, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
I really don't care what other people think about machine quilting and machine piecing. I once was told by 2 women (who don't quilt themselves) that what I was doing wasn't piecing or quilting because it should all be done by hand because that's the way it used to be done. So I asked them if they still were travelling on horseback because that's the way people travelled back in the days. They didn't answer that one LOL
Good one Anael! We don't still have outhouses and cook on wood stoves, why would we still need to sew everything by hand? I usually chalk that up to jealousy. I've encountered that even in my quilting group
Old 02-18-2023, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
I really don't care what other people think about machine quilting and machine piecing. I once was told by 2 women (who don't quilt themselves) that what I was doing wasn't piecing or quilting because it should all be done by hand because that's the way it used to be done. So I asked them if they still were travelling on horseback because that's the way people travelled back in the days. They didn't answer that one LOL
My first quilting instructor used to remind us that the sewing machine was invented in 1846. She said, "if you had to chop wood, wash clothes over a fire outside, and do all the other things women did manually in those days, of course you'd use your sewing machine if you could."