Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2018---chat here >

Secret Santa 2018---chat here

Secret Santa 2018---chat here

Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM

I don't know why technology always lets me down when I want it the most. I received the most beautiful collection of gifts from ckcowl and long to show everybody. Pretty sneaky, Terri, to pair us up and I feel like I came out the lucky one in this exchange. Thank you, Secret Santa Colleen, for all the goodies. Antique scissors, thread, a vintage tin full of clips, a huge bag of scraps (hooray), a tote bag, post-it notes, a tape measure, magazines, a daily journal, a cutting mat, a book of patterns, fabric, socks....I feel like I'm forgetting something. All wonderful and how exciting to keep on discovering treats as I delved into the package. This is the best part of Christmas for me. Thank you, thank you!
Old 12-10-2018, 12:56 PM

I am out of town too and have been delayed and won’t get home until Wednesday.

Came hear to see all the goodies. I gave Secret Santa to Mosher in Maine. I sent her a Christmas topper or wall hanging, lots of purple batiks, Dark chocolate, handmade things, patterns etc. and I had Amazon send her one of those Rainbow color wheels that has the holes so you can select different color themes for quilts. At least that is what i can remember, I did forget a card.

Will post my goodies when I get home.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM

Secret Santa... I was at the Raider's game and forgot to open my package. I will open it tonight.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to our hostess Terri.... she was my Secret Santa. I love the fabric, jelly beans, clips etc......... and the extra patterns will certainly be used. I will post pictures in the morning - as soon as my phone has charged.

Terri, thank you for a lovely swap and for being an amazing hostess.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 12-10-2018, 01:53 PM

I had some lovely things from my secret Santa. 6 lovely fat quarters and co-ordinating thread, an interesting ruler set and pattern I have yet to get my head round, fusible bias tape so I can try stain glass window quilting (this was on my most wanted), some hand washing detergent, several small bottles of gin (my favourite!) and a cute little pouch of quilting pins.

I feel very lucky so thank you!
Attached Thumbnails c2c2e5e8-ddf9-43a5-9edd-fd412b337834.jpeg  
Old 12-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Thank you for this tutorial. I did everything I've told students NOT to do...I hit every button possible!!!!
Old 12-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by hearthhush View Post
I am not sure what time we start the reveal but I am going to go ahead and post. Thank you so much Secret Santa I miss placed the card with the name on it. I think it was McStargazer. If i am wrong I am sorry. I really love my gifts. First i will start the tea's, these are some i have not had so i will start with one with my breakfast. I got hot tomale candies and lots of fabric. some i was actually going to get, you knew me well, embroidery thread always useful. Quilting magazine and christmas tree panel, another kit with a crab, another kit Jupiter Lighthouse 1860, lots of fat quarters, 2 1/2 inch charms packs, string of beads and a yard of fabric that is her interpretation of sunflowers and yes i see it! and my favorite item is the little Elf!!!! I will sit him on the shelf in front of my sewing machine to see all the time. Thank you so very much. Have a great Christmas. I will post the pic as soon as i figure it out.
Goodness. I HOPED I signed my name but yes McStargazer aka Susan.
I had no clue what a mini-quilt was but I do now. I hope you enjoyed it. Being from Florida and Maryland crabs and lighthouses are fun for me. Enjoy!!
Merry Christmas .

Last edited by McStargazer; 12-10-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-10-2018, 04:10 PM

I received a very awesome SS package from Pat (Patski-Mi). Thank you so Much Pat I love it all. I received a table runner kit, batik fabric and sky fabric, spool of yellow thread, Fons&Porter Triangle Trimmers, a coffee mug wearing a sweater in a beautiful box, Michigan cherry coffee, and chocolate. Pat also sent me a county register paper from Michigan. Pat again thank you for everything I can’t wait to try the coffee.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605111[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Armylady2012; 08-31-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:53 PM

McStargazer aka Susan yes i found the card and you did sign it. I love the kits, I am only two block from the end of the world, there is the bay then a barrier reef then the atlantic ocean. Two blocks in the other direction is a light house and I am from the south and I love eating Crabs. you did a wonderfully. Also the little 2 & 1/2" charms i had no idea what to use it for but the magazine you gave me has a hexie item in it i am going to use it for that. That magazine has lots of things in it w want to make. So thank you. thank you, thank you. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 PM

Haha The two charm packs were for mini-quilts!! ILILOL