Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you keep a scrapbook or notebook of the things you've sewn? >

Do you keep a scrapbook or notebook of the things you've sewn?

Do you keep a scrapbook or notebook of the things you've sewn?

Old 02-06-2019, 03:18 PM

I admire quilters that are so organized they keep pictures and notes of all their quilts. I wish I was more like them. I make notes on all my quilts which can come in handy for a variety of reasons. I started with pics but then something happens and I'm off to the next project before I get it taken.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:18 PM

I have a notebook for calculations, sketches, future projects etc. Finished projects I photograph and store electronically.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

I am very glad that I keep close track of my quilts. It does take a fair amount of time, but it's worth it. This is a small wall hanging that I made for a friend as her wedding present. When her dog died, she buried it with him. That made me sad. This is the only picture of this little quilt.
Attached Thumbnails puppy-quilt.jpg  
Old 02-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

No I don't. It was one of those good ideas I heard about but never got around to doing!
Old 02-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

No; I have enough trouble keeping track of what is still to be completed.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

I don't. I have a friend who has been quilting a long time and has worked for a quilting magazine and she has a notebook with everything in it. Quilts, fabric, adjustments, comments, size, etc. She carries it with her and makes notes as she goes.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

The last few years I have been donating most quilts so I no longer write them down or take pictures. I have some on this board. I have pictures of lots of quilts on this computer. I have several years of quilts written down.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:50 PM

Hi Stephanie - I've been quilting for close to two years now and have documented info about all the quilts I've made. I take pics along the way, keep track of patterns used, fabric used and yardage, batting, threads, needle type, techniques, final quilt size, type of binding and anything else I think is pertinent. Example: I've cut and pieced fabric differently (than the pattern called for) to save fabric waste or enlarged a pattern and made note of that for next time. I print and keep pics in a binder with all of the other typed notes stored on my computer. I've already referred to the info on several occasions when planning another quilt. And it sure is fun to flip through the binder to see what I've made since almost all of it has been given to family and friends.

I highly recommend keeping track of what you've done and organizing pictures at least - it's rewarding to re-visit the pics and very helpful (for me) to look back at my notes.

Good luck with whatever way you decide works for you!
Old 02-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

I have a spreadsheet with all my quilts listed, date finished, who it was given to, approximate size, maybe a few other things. I also have computer folders containing pictures of each quilt.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM

I tried, but I'm not very good at journaling. But I have a photo record of most of the quilts I've made.