Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stonehenge Block Party >

Stonehenge Block Party

Stonehenge Block Party

Old 03-31-2019, 06:05 AM

Default Stonehenge Block Party

First if this topic has already been posted sorry for the repeat. I did a search but didn't find anything.

Is anyone making a quilt for the Northcott contest? I love the fabric and am trying to decide if I collect blocks for a quilt or not. I am not skilled enough to enter the contest but it sounds like fun to go to different shops and collect different blocks to make a quilt. On the other hand a lot of the blocks I really love are in the States or a bit over my skill level.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:55 AM

I was considering it, but I am not usually inspired by following directions! lol lol lol The only block I have actually seen is my one local quilt store and didn't like it enough to get it.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:16 AM

Wishing you luck and it is really fun to just follow along by watching the others and their progress. Please share with us if you do decide to make one. I am sure you will do just fine.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:26 PM

What a fun challenge...kinda like the Row by Row challenge. The challenge would be to travel to the quilt shops. There are only three on the list that are fairly convenient for me to visit I'll look forward to seeing your quilt as you go. I hope you'll share.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:38 PM

I love the panels and love the Stonehenge fabrics, but there are only 3 shops close enough to get the block patterns and I have so little time to drive further. I saw the FB page and links to blocks, but can you just do the block (I could draft them them in EQ pretty simple for most) for the contest?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Thank you for posting this. I’ve picked up a panel and some of the fabrics but didn’t know about the block challenge. I’m going on a road trip in a few weeks and can pick up a few on my trip. This will be fun.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:40 AM

The panel challenge will be an in store challenge. Your quilt shop will pick the winner and award the prize. The quilt blocks challenge if your wanting enter that needs 12 challenge blocks, the winner of that will get a trip to the real Stonehenge.
Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur View Post
Thank you for posting this. I’ve picked up a panel and some of the fabrics but didn’t know about the block challenge. I’m going on a road trip in a few weeks and can pick up a few on my trip. This will be fun.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:38 PM

You do not have to visit the shops to get these blocks. They can be ordered by mail and then shipped to you.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by MARCHNFL View Post
You do not have to visit the shops to get these blocks. They can be ordered by mail and then shipped to you.
Part of the fun for me is visiting quilt shops I might otherwise never visit. I have never found one I didn't like after all. Also shipping costs from the States to Canada can be a bit crazy. I do have family in other areas of Ontario who I won't mind imposing on to hit their local shops for me.
I am taking my mom for a road trip tomorrow to SW Ont. Day out for her and I will be able to pick up 6-8 blocks.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:52 PM

Just want to give a heads up to anyone who plans on collecting blocks for the challenge. Apparently Northcott underestimated the demand for this fabric line and is backordered until late April/May. Four out of eight shops I went to today had run out of blocks and the fabric to make more. Call ahead if you are traveling any distance!