Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Repurposing non-quilting items >

Repurposing non-quilting items

Repurposing non-quilting items

Old 07-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Does anyone remember nutcracker and nutpick sets? Mom had a couple of sets but all that's left is one of the nutpicks I use as a stilleto; empty altoids can for disposing of used needles. Found spring clamps with rubber tips at Lowe's for holding quilt sandwich tight on the table. I too use the zippered plastic bags sheets and drapes come in for keeping all the fabric, pattern etc. for that next project. A folding table that was free next to my sewing table to hold quilt while fmq.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:23 PM

I bought a standing tool chest and painted over the bright red. The long thin drawers are perfect for my rulers and stencils. The smaller drawers hold my marking pencils, chalk pouncer, and other odds and ends. I have a smaller clear plastic bin on top that is meant to sort screws, nuts and bolts. I have my measuring tape, machine needles, hand needles, thimbles, and other gadgets in these drawers. The bottom cabinet holds my sewing and tailoring needs ie. ham, sleeve presser, etc. I also use an empty coffee creamer jar to hold my used sharps. I buy a utility razor knife from the hardware dept. to rip out seams. I have an old typewriter table to hold my serger and file cabinets to hold all of my patterns.