Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Machine Suggestions >

Machine Suggestions

Machine Suggestions

Old 09-22-2019, 04:42 AM

I have been seriously considering purchasing a Janome Skyline S9 - saw a demo and really liked it. However, I have a Brother 770 (a base model) and have a lot of PES downloaded embroidery files—-this is the issue in which I don’t know a way of easily converting my files to Jef to use on a Janome —any suggestions??
Old 09-22-2019, 05:52 AM

I know many of the digitizing software will do that, however most is rather expensive. Maybe you can find someone that has the software that can convert your files.

I know with my Floriani Total Control, I can very easily open a JEF file and then save it as a PES file.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by gigilong View Post
I have been seriously considering purchasing a Janome Skyline S9 - saw a demo and really liked it. However, I have a Brother 770 (a base model) and have a lot of PES downloaded embroidery files—-this is the issue in which I don’t know a way of easily converting my files to Jef to use on a Janome —any suggestions??
You might want to check with the Janome dealer and see if they can convert them. I have been looking at a Babylock at a dealer that sells Bernina, Babylock, and Brother. When I mentioned I really liked the Babylock but all of my embroidery files were for a Bernina, she said that was not a problem because she could convert them. Just a thought.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:45 AM

All these stories, so sad. I am very lucky to have a wonderful sewing store close, they have been in business for many years and will be around a long time in the future. So very helpful in all sewing needs. They are dealers for Pfaff and Viking, and Brothers, several long arm machines. Have wonderful classes, lots of supplies, if they don't know the answer they will find it for you, no oblgation. (hey my spell is bad, I forgot more than I ever knew). This store has 5 repair people and service what they sell and then some. Also carries some fabric, I just can't say enough good things about this store and the people there. I am an 87 year old man that found this hobby out of need to keep busy, can't do a lot of things that I use to do: wood work and glass beads just to name a few.
I love my Viking Designer Diamond. Have a 260x200 Snap Hoop that I use a lot. Belong to a wonderful Quilt Guild that meets once a month and always has great programs featuring people from all over the United State, the best place to live bar none. The Viking and Pfaff have so many fine features, and so does Brothers. I really like the large display, some machines have very small displays.
I sure know what you all mean when you talk about shops that put other brands down and are so snotty you wonder how they stay in business.
Happy Turkey day and keep on sewing!