Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 30-Sept 1, 2019

Old 09-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Doesn't get any better than unicorn cupcakes for a 2 year old!
Old 09-01-2019, 06:48 PM

...And this is another reason things go at a snail's pace...
Attached Thumbnails img_20190901_143827.jpg  

Last edited by Cheshirepat; 09-01-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 PM

No sewing here today but I’m certainly enjoying seeing everyone else’s projects. I looked back through and wanted to say...

Thank you raggiemom for hosting!

Armybandvet - love that Happy Painter! I find watching Bob Ross so relaxing.
Watson - such a lovely quilt and hippo!
Macybaby - lovely scripture blocks!
IngeMK - like the pattern for you scrappy. Lovely job!
Rryder - like that top. My eyes see a sort of chevron in the pattern.
Sewbizgirl - your bunny is so darling and the bricks and stones quilt is gorgeous!
Geevee - the woven blocks are turning out nicely! I might have to add that one to my ever growing list.
Iceblossom- Your postcard quilt is awesome!
Teen - your appliqué blocks are simply beautiful.
Mary r - that top is great! I like that pattern.
Zozee - the Amazing Jelly Roll quilt is a cool pattern. I love the fabrics for yours.
Janjanq - the stained glass quilt is stunning. Another style to add to the list for me.
Jessicalebo - I love the star and the wolf is beautiful, too. Great work!!
NZQuilter - those farm blocks are so cute!
Tish05 - your Asian quilt is magnificent! I would hang it on my wall for sure. 😊
Cheshirepat - I love that super colorful top! What is the pattern? The HST quilt is also beautiful.

It’s always so inspirational to me to see the beautiful work the folks on this board do. I haven’t been quilting very long and have so much to learn. It’s wonderful to be a part of this community and I look forward to the next VQW!
Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Wow, everyone has great projects going. Tish05, love your quilt but I have a thing for Asian prints, especially if they feature geisha. I too am working on a Asian panel quilt and have almost completed the ditching. That part will definitely be done tomorrow and then the real fun starts.
Thank you Feline fanatic! My mom bought this fabric 4 years ago with a fussy cut quilt in mind. I hadn't started my quilting journey then since it's grown on me since she has lived with us over the 4 years. Then when it came to it, she decided she didn't have the vision to actually make the quilt, so we planned it out together and I've done the sewing and quilting. I showed her the pictures of your Peony quilt - so unbelievably beautiful. I could only dream of acquiring some of your skills - not just the actual FMQ, but the ideas of what to quilt! I find that part really difficult. I find I can't imagine something that isn't already there (if that makes any sense). Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with the panel quilt. I also have an Asian panel I haven't done anything with...
Old 09-02-2019, 08:40 AM

Gorgeous projects shared.

Watson...love your hippo!!
Macybaby....cool idea and those turned out great so far.
army....how fun!! Painter turned out fabulous!
inge.....love the colors in this quilt. It's wonderful

NZ!!! Oh my gosh...so adorable! Happy Birthday, sweet thing!

Week 2 blocks posted this morning so I'm off and running.. Now that I'm so organized because of this weekend, I will likely work ahead in the sew along. I need to buy a 10 1/2" square up ruler. I don't have this size and I don't want to take the chance of messing these blocks up...so, off to LQS tomorrow...
Old 09-02-2019, 08:54 AM

Such a productive VQW for everyone, just love all the creativity and beautiful fabrics and colors!

Got the panel put together, not 100% perfect, thinking about maybe putting some appliques on it to hide the areas I'm not thrilled with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616936[/ATTACH]

While pondering that, I'll get back to finishing the other two things I've been working on lately...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616937[/ATTACH]
(not quilting related, but art-like lol).
Attached Thumbnails wovenbagpanel.jpg   pouredbowlpainting.jpg  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Fun projects all! Today I hope to do some piecing of the border but will mostly be playing. My first (and they tell me only) grand baby should be born any day now. If he hangs in until the 5th, we will share birthdays! I usually celebrate my bday on Labor day (it was Labor Day the day I was born) and hubby and I are going out for lunch.

We are trying a new place, I saw something like it on Food Network or Travel Channel or something... Being in the Seattle area, we get just about everything (but no Waffle House or Cracker Barrel) and so one just opened reasonably near by -- it is a conveyor belt hot pot restaurant. You order your broth and a conveyor belt goes by with color coded plates with things like mushrooms or meats or noodles or whatever, then you cook it in your broth and then you charged by your plates. Sort of like Dim Sum (which we also have).
http://hotpotworld.com/

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-02-2019 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Changed baby due from any time to day
Old 09-02-2019, 10:18 AM

NZ— your daughter is adorable, and truly does have eyes like little stars! Happy birthday to het!

Ice— how cool it would be to share a birthday with your grandchild. I hope that happens for you!
Old 09-02-2019, 10:21 AM

To be honest, Zozee, I think dear daughter in law is trying to avoid my birthday! LOL but it will be close enough. I am so looking forward to being a grandma
Old 09-02-2019, 11:40 AM

Idaho Square Dance is mostly done! I have the border corners pieced but need to piece the inner and outer borders.

The Happy Painter top is supposed to be Bob Ross. My dad likes to paint with his shows, it's a Christmas gift for him. The top cracks me up every time I see it. Super fun! If he doesn't love it I'm definitely taking it back! ;-)

I'm about 90 percent convinced to go to my first ever quilt retreat this November. I think the flannel rag quilt blocks I planned this weekend will get cut between now and then to take with.

Everyone's quilts are just beautiful! I love seeing what other folks are up to. I can look at a lot more quilts than I'll ever have time to make, and I enjoy it a bunch! [ATTACH=CONFIG]616945[/ATTACH]Thanks for letting me join the fun!
Attached Thumbnails webp.net-resizeimage.jpg