Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've decided on an Innova. >

I've decided on an Innova.

I've decided on an Innova.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:18 PM

Default I've decided on an Innova.

Yes I've finally made my decision on which brand of long arm I want. Innova it is! My goodness I've spent a long time in coming to that conclusion. But lots of self tests at many shows and also dealerships of various machines have been completed. There are so many to choose from and I know other brands are also very good machines.

I have signed up for "boot camp" in Salt Lake City at Quilts on the Corner, an Innova dealer, in October. It will be a 3 day class from 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. The forth day will be from 9:00 A.M. until 5 P.M. Three days will be longarm training and the last day will be robotic training. I am so excited for this opportunity!

Most folks take the training after purchasing their machines and software. I am taking the training before purchase, cautious soul that I am; I want to be sure this is something I absolutely want. I may come away saying, "you know what, this isn't for me". I certainly hope that will not be the case. The money I've spent for the training will go towards my purchase.

I'm leaning towards Innova 26, 12 foot table, lightening stitch and one robotic or software. The robotics are expensive, the least expensive is Panovision a software package. That may be the one I start out with the others can be added later. The newest model, Innova M24, is plug in ready for all of the bells and whistles of robotics. I know this is a one time shot with me regarding the machine I choose, however, I have confidence in my ability to make wise choices and one that will serve me well in my years ahead.

Just had to share, you are my only quilting friends.

Last edited by Rhonda Lee; 09-11-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

Big decision - seems like you are going about it in a thoughtful, thorough manner.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:22 PM

congrats, Rhonda! looks like you've done some smart research and are now ready to fine-tune your decision regarding robotics, etc. My bet is you will love long arm quilting--just not having to sandwich is well worth it to me! LOL! (although I seriously love being about to free motion and use rulers that I never could on the domestic machine)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

I have heard good things about the Innova machines and it sounds like you have done your research too.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:46 AM

I admire your process of taking the class 1st - that makes great sense to me. I'm far behind you in the quest for the right long arm - I'm still playing around on all the machines at each show. The Innova is a lovely machine and I hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-12-2019, 03:28 AM

Congratulations on your decision. It must feel great to move forward with your goal. Best wishes!
Old 09-12-2019, 04:00 AM

I applaud you in your research, you've definitely done a pretty thorough job. If I ever replace my current set up, it will be to an Innova. Taking the classes is an excellent idea also, & Renae is an awesome teacher. I know you'll gain a lot of insight from her. Enjoy your journey into the world of longarming, it can be very rewarding!
Old 09-12-2019, 04:11 AM

how exciting for you Rhonda...I hear great reviews about Innovas. Having just purchased a long arm, I know how hard it is to make a final decision and the test drives and research involved. I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations! You are definitely going about it the right way and you will learn a lot from Renae! She is very knowledgeable and talented and you won't regret going to the boot camp. I think you will love your Innova.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:24 AM

I remember when I got my Innova. Wasn't even in the market for a new machine but once I test drove it, I was hooked. Only question was, do I want the LS or the regular stitch regulator. Was able to find 2 people near me that each had one or the other and allowed me to test drive their machine. Got the LS. Already had robotics (3rd party) so didn't go for their Autopilot. Have switched to a new robotic system.....IQ and I checked out all the videos before I made my decision on which robotic system to go with.............what it could do, how different it would be compared to what I'm used to, cost, customer service, etc. You did great with your research and you'll love your machine once you get it. There will still be some test driving it once you get it as each machine is a little different though the same brand. Enjoy yourself at the class and then when you get your machine. I'm sure you won't regret your decision. I quilt only for myself and have never thought I spent too much on what I call my "hobby".