Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-13-2022, 09:36 AM

I did not take the vaccine at all. I wanted more clinical studies before I put anything in my body. I am starting to wonder bout 'em now as the guy that exposed us had the vaccines & 2 boosters. He was complaining that he had just got over his second round w/covid. He said that he was clear. Well evidently not. DH is well. He was sick for 8 days. Well today is my 8th day. I slept better last night so I feel better today. I'm not hot right now so I don't think I have a fever. Covid is the first disease I ever had that the fever made me hot instead of cold. My feet were menopause hot. I'm not nauseous today. My headache is gone. My ears don't hurt. My throat feels like I poured acid down it. My stomach & rib muscles hurt from all the coughing & sneezing. OH I wish I could stop coughing. So, I feel better but have just turned a corner.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:55 AM

SBG - I have attached a copy of my Farmer's Wife 30's quilt that is still a flimsy! I am so slow at getting them quilted. Both of those quilts you completed are just wonderful!

Bev - So glad you are feeling better. One of my daughters got Covid after having both injections and one booster. She said she does not remember ever being so sick since she had Pneumonia when she was a child.
Attached Thumbnails fws-30s-quilt-flimsy.jpg  
Old 07-13-2022, 11:48 AM

I love all these quilts!
Old 07-14-2022, 12:51 PM

I am getting better each day. It is just a slow crawl. I so want to sew or work on a sewing machine.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Take your time Bev! The machines will be there forever.

Jeannie, get that quilted! It's a gorgeous quilt! Like Trisha (Givio) said, the Farmer's Wife quilts really are a quilter's crowning achievement. I bought the first book recently but I won't let myself start it until I get the Pony Club quilt assembled.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:54 AM

I too need to get my PC assembled.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:07 PM

Here is my Pony Club Quilt! It was a fun one, I loved working on these quilts with you guys!
Attached Thumbnails pony-club-1.jpg  
Old 07-17-2022, 03:01 PM

I remember seeing it before Jeanie G! However I love seeing it again! It's just the tops!
Old 07-17-2022, 03:04 PM

OK, I have been "up" a bit more this afternoon. I am stilll mostly on the couch but I have been sitting w/my feet on the ground for over 2 hours. Part of that time I pressed open 24 4P's. I don't know if I am gonna square 'em up today or not.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Glad you are feeling better, Bev!

Jeanie, I love your PC quilt! I didn't make all of the blocks, either... but I have some pictures of my kids with their ponies printed onto fabric that I will incorporate with the blocks.

Jeanie, love how you added the border of horsie squares. What a great idea. I agree with Bev, yours is definitely the tops!