Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-17-2022, 06:46 PM

I had so much horse fabric left over that I wanted to use it up, so put it around as a final border!
Old 08-12-2022, 06:10 AM

It is me, again, popping back in on the site. I still am trying to get back into quilting, action other than 'petting' my fabrics! I am no longer 2 ton tilly, I have been losing weight since last year, fallen from the 250 pound mark down to 214 pounds. Gee, do I ever feel better. Cannot believe it, did not ever think I'd lose any weight since 1986.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:34 AM

Hi QNS!! Wow - 36 lbs is a wonderful weight loss. No wonder you feel so much better. I started Weight Watchers last October and have lost 12 lbs. I looked at all the diets and felt WW was the one I could stay on, as it is well rounded in what you can eat. Some of the diets I think I would never be able to survive! Even that small amount of loss is a size smaller in my clothes. I am happy where I am right now, and have been able to maintain it for several months.

It has been too hot to quilt on last years Bonnie Hunter Mystery. We do not have air conditioning, so I have been working on the last few Homestead Quilt Blocks I am doing. I decided not to do the final row of the quilt. It is big enough as it is!

I hope that everyone else is doing well! Really miss doing a sampler type quilt with all of you! My Homestead Quilt has been a lonely process! I miss the weekly comradery we had when we all worked together on a project! It also kept me more interested in the project!
Old 08-12-2022, 11:48 AM

I am well from Covid. I tried to post that here but had trouble posting. I just now figured out how to post again. I still have Covid fatigue. I am able to work on sewing machines in the mornings but have to rest all afternoon.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:36 PM

Hi Bev! You have really had a bad bout with Covid! Sorry you had to go through this awful disease. Luckly Joe or I have not contracted it as yet. Hope it stays that way! Here is hoping you are feeling much better soon!
Old 08-12-2022, 04:52 PM

I am sad to say that this was my second time to get covid. I was sick for a while this time but not not near as bad as I was last fall. It took me 3 1/2 months that time to get as far as I am in 1 1/2 months this time. I wasn't as sick this time either.
I am rewiring a Singer 15-90. It is a challenge but rewarding.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Hi Friends!

I got covid too... booo. They say the strain going around now is mild. I was feeling bad for about 5 days and then just weak and tired for a couple of weeks after that. I feel fine now. It's been three weeks. If I feel I need a nap, I just take it!

I too miss the good ole days of our FW quilt-alongs. Givio was alive then and I miss her soooo much. We chatted all the time in pms. I think I have made all the pony club blocks I want now. I just have to put the quilt together.

I have lost weight too! It does feel great. I started on Noom in the middle of April and have lost 15 lbs. I love it! No food is off limits and it's all changing your way of thinking about food and eating. It's something I can live with for the rest of my life, hopefully. Not hard at all.

I'm working on quilting a Quilt of Valor I made, and would like to finish it up tonight. So I am heading back to my longarm... Later, everyone.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:15 PM

I'm so glad that ya lost weight. That is hard to do. Kudos to you.
I am excited as I bought a Featherweight today for $25.It's not in great shape but for $25 I can fix it up.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Good find, Bev! Those seem to be quite popular again.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:33 PM

Bev - You can fix it up and make a great profit if you want to sell it! They go for a high price!