Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Old 07-25-2020, 05:38 AM

I’m making progress on my projects, binding on both quilts, started hand sewing it down. Help gd move along on her tshirt quilt. Looking good to being another play day in the playroom 🤗
Old 07-25-2020, 05:49 AM

Well I ended up doing nothing more than some fabric moving and ironing yesterday. So far it's early and I have great goals for the day, but we'll see where we end up on the other side.

Hope everyone has a nice day, what ever we are doing and where ever we are
Old 07-25-2020, 06:04 AM

I'm in. I was going to sandwich a quilt this weekend, but the batting that I ordered didn't arrive. I can start on one of my UFOs though. I'm also going to be cleaning up my workspace. This will get me motivated and I love company while I work.

~ C
Old 07-25-2020, 07:00 AM

I have a patriotic quilt to sandwich and FMQ, plus cut out a baby quilt, so I'm in. Also need to do some straightening. Mask making is messy. Oh, two more masks need to be done.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:23 AM

I woke up early and ventured into a grocery store for some great ‘in the store only’ deals. I have been ordering and picking up my groceries for the last 4 months and only been in a grocery store for some pharmacy stuff once during that time frame. Checkout gal camped in the same campground as we did so she caught me up on what has changed and, of course, we caught up on family.

I will head to the sewing room later. Baseball is back and my team plays at one so a great time then to do some sewing and cleaning.

Yesterday, I added a few more rows to my scrappy quilt top. It feels good to get some leftover blocks and 6” squares cut by my church group used.

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:45 AM

Well, the tying has started. It was way later than I thought it would be when we got started last night, but I'm not complaining, fiance set me up pretty good with some smooth fiberglass board to wrap the quilt around, then another fiberglass board directly under what I'm working on. The board isn't long enough for me to just sit and tie, I have to move it down with me to keep things going but the system is working so beautifully, I'm really happy. Also found out that the needles I originally bought for this is actually too big, so had to find my smaller yarn needles and he set me up with a pair of small pliers so I can pull it through the sandwich easier.

Hands are a little fatigued this morning, just took a couple of Aleve and waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. After that, I'm fixing me an iced coffee, get dressed and try to get as much tying done as I can today. I'm having fun, though, I love that the fiance has so much quilting knowledge, I never would have done half of what he did last night and there's no telling where I would be.
Attached Thumbnails tying.jpg  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:05 AM

Thimblebug - those blocks are adorable!

MicheleC - a Hunters Star is on my Must Do (At Some Point) List - so striking

Copycat - Good Luck! I've done a grand total of 2 baby quilts with fleecy backing and swore that was a never again...

Lots of good plans being made

I am (a bit unexpectedly) launching into trying to fashion a stencil for the quilting on the last sections of the tree skirt. Not entirely sure how this is going to work out... But I have managed to cut and fuse (not yet applique) one of the 2 penguin blocks, so I'm pleased with that progress.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:38 PM

Here are some of the masks I've made this weekend. Up to 15 I think right now.
Attached Thumbnails 20200724_141159.jpg  
Old 07-25-2020, 12:50 PM

The 2nd tote bag finish from my FMQ samples.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-25-2020, 01:48 PM

Nice pictures, looks like things are progressing, each at our own pace.

Me I got side tracked, no sewing today and only a little yesterday. But I did take some pictures of a table runner to put in my files before I gift it. Right now I am proofreading a quilting pattern for a quilter that I test for. It is fun to see new patterns and how someone else would decide to build each component. I have found a few oops but they will be corrected easily. Playing cards with some friends tonight so will get back to sewing in the morning.

Everyone stay safe and cool.