Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-01-2020, 04:19 AM

MJP, your tree, gators and silhouettes are wonderful.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:20 AM

Good morning, Flurries. I've got a head cold that knocked me down for a couple of days. It's improving now so I cannot complain. The shoulder also continues to improve so it looks like after the first of the year I should be up to trying to sew again. It'll depend upon how it feels.

MJP, I love your silhouette blocks. Great work!

Below is a list of everyone in the group. Those in bold print are people I've received blocks packages from. Everyone else, please have your packages to me by next Thursday, the 10th. I've seen recent posts from everyone so we're all accounted for.

Annt59
Bibliostone
Bugaroo
Cheesehead - confirmed in transit
Hav4boys - 2 sets
IrishMom
Jaba
Janice McC

Juliasb
Klaws
LAF2019
Libster
Macybaby
MadebySue

mjpEncinitas
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:42 AM

mjp - great job with my Oz block! I love the placement of the characters around the Witch. Thank you so much!

Last edited by IrishMom; 12-01-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Klaws, thank you for my block. It does look black, glad it is turquoise.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:50 PM

My final block is for Hav4boys. It is called Road to California and you are going via historic rt 66.

All my blocks are packaged up and will go to work with my son in the morning (he works at the post office). I'll send the tracking number after he gets home.

Attached Thumbnails hav4boysc.jpg  
Old 12-02-2020, 07:23 AM

Fantastic block. Thank you.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
My final block is for Hav4boys. It is called Road to California and you are going via historic rt 66.

All my blocks are packaged up and will go to work with my son in the morning (he works at the post office). I'll send the tracking number after he gets home.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Love your block for Hav, B'stone. Congrats on finishing up!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:13 PM

Bibliostone, love your Road to CA block. Perfect block for a state quilt.

I started sorting out blocks today and putting them in everyone's packages and I was disappointed to see dozens and dozens of packages with no maker names. I checked the Gallery but not all blocks were posted online. If someone gets a block with no name and no picture, feel free to post here to ask who made it. Good news though is that I'm almost through with the packages I've already received so providing all blocks are in on time, I should be able to ship on time or a bit early.

I have already received an email about the next boom. Due to my surgery, I'm going to take off a few months as I struggled through this Boom more than I let on. I probably will not start one up until April or so for those of you who are interested. I've got to relearn to sew (and other things) without hurting my shoulder and I hope to be able to complete my FMQ class sometime early next year. Anyway, if you want to join a future Boom, be looking here for info by early Spring.

Hope you have a pleasant rest of your day.

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-02-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

By all means Janice, take some time off and rest up! We all will get more excited about participating, the longer we have to wait. April sounds great to me.

Today has been a rough day. On the last day of our Thanksgiving visit at DD's, they popped the news that they were putting Ivy in a preschool program... Full days, 5 days a week. I always stayed home with my kids and homeschooled them. They had each other to play with.... so I've been sick at heart over their decision with Ivy. She isn't even 2 years old yet! Wahhhh! My daughter is placing more value on working than staying home with Ivy. I wish I was closer and could keep her while her mama worked.

She seemed to enjoy her first day at school. She had fun playing with all the other kids. This is just hard for me, somehow. I would never been able to do this with my own kids.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:57 PM

SBG...I completely understand. My DD has to work, and was devastated that my DGD had to be in day care for do long. But it becomes their norm. And they do not know any different. It's a new world, with fewer children at home. The funny thing is because of COVID my DD works from home and is homeschooling her now. It's easier than trying to fit the online zooms into her work schedule.
Janice...I think some of those unnamed may be your blocks!! Only kidding as I can not even recall what I wrote. Take as much time you need. Unless of course you want to start it and have me sort and send the beginning. Yes, this has become my life and sanctuary. I didn't understand 10 years ago, but certainly do now.
my mom decided she did not want to add her name to my Christmas cards but wanted to send hers out herself. Which meant I had to do all the addressing of envelopes. We are nearing the finish line. She reminds me of my ADHD son working on his homework!
Bibliostone...amazing always to see the material you find in your stash. Rte 66 no less!