Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-20-2020, 07:15 AM

Janice I also told my son I wasn’t mailing his Christmas gift and goodies till after Christmas. With baked good in his package it just makes sense to wait.

My oldest did arrive yesterday from Texas with her negative Covid test results and granddaughter will be arriving shortly to introduce us to her significant other. Everyone else has met him but we have always been out of town when they were here visiting. Seems like a very nice young man via our zoom meet and greets.

everyone have a great day
Old 12-20-2020, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Have a wonderful time with your family Terri! I'm still cleaning and preparing. Mine start arriving Wed. Still so much to do to get ready. I'd better get off this computer!
Old 12-20-2020, 10:23 AM

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Old 12-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Merry Christmas to you too, Juana... and to all our Flurries. Peace, Love, Hope and Joy.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:46 AM

While anxiously awaiting the arrival of your gorgeous boom blocks, I am playing around with my gypsy wife inspired layout plan. trying to really determine how much background space I need between blocks and if it is going to be too busy for my taste. feedback welcome!

Attached Thumbnails 20201221_063824.jpg  
Old 12-21-2020, 07:28 AM

Happy Holidays, Ibex.

LAF, I look forward to seeing your Gypsy Wife quilt.

My younger son is having a Covid test today as he was unknowingly exposed to the virus last week. He feels fine but in abundance of caution, he's being tested. He expects a negative result. He's also staying home for the holidays so it's just DH and I this year. Our family Christmas will have to wait until next year. Charlie's birthday is New Year's Eve so we'll do a Zoom meeting to watch her eat her first piece of cake. I wonder what she'll think of it. lol.

Still no word on that stalled package. There's another package being sent to us that is now overdue as well, stuck in the mid-west. Patience....patience.

It's Wintry here so I'm cleaning out my Cross Stitch Stash to donate or sell away. I tried again last night to stitch but my eyes just won't permit it on the tiny linen I used to love using. Too bad!

Have a happy Monday all!
Old 12-22-2020, 04:28 AM

Merry Christmas, Flurries! I have baked about 9 different kinds of cookies in the last week. I make up 9 cookie trays for family members for Christmas with an assortment on each tray. Only have to still make the peanut butter cookies for my nephew, then I will be done with the baking, except for the ham and duck on Thursday morning. What are you guys making for your families?
Did anybody get to see the Star of Bethlehem last night? Gina and I tried, but it was too cloudy here. Oh well, maybe tonight. Merry Christmas, Y'all!
Old 12-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Lobster it was to cloudy here also, very disappointing. I baked banana chocolate chip bread and pumpkin raisin bread for all the kids and grandkids and bake quite a few cookies. Hubby said we have the least amount of cookies on hand this year that he has ever seen. Also made oldest granddaughter 4 more bowl cozier, her brother double insulated hot pads and the same for my dd. Granddaughter also said she would rake off my hands any extra table runners I had. Don’t have any extra but said I would love to make her some, she was thrilled. Will be different working with the muted colors she loves. Off to make soft sugar cookies it’s a new recipe and hoping they really are soft
Old 12-22-2020, 06:34 AM

I am enjoying reading everyone's plans for the holidays. We are in Alabama, originally we had planned to return to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving and Christmas but the virus was raging there at that time. Our DIL's father passed away the day before Thanksgiving of Covid, he was just 68 years old. We did zoom with the family on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful to see and talk with everyone.

We did not have one Christmas decoration down here to make the home look festive. Fortunately I did have Christmas fabric so I made a tree skirt, table runner, wall hanging and some placemats. We went to Old Time Pottery and got a tree and some decorations. Nothing fancy but decorations nonetheless and I don't have to worry about the cat destroying any keepsakes.

Life is good, we are blessed with good health and are looking forward to the day when the lives of many will return to normal.
Wishing all of my friends a wonderful holiday season filled with love, peace and joy.

I've added a few pictures, since the picture was taken, the table runner now has the binding in place.
Attached Thumbnails mvc-003s.jpg   mvc-003f.jpg   whtree-2-.jpg  
Old 12-22-2020, 07:11 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my boom buddies. I wish all of you good health and happiness in the new year. Hopefully it will be better than this one.
Cheesehead, love all the decorations that you made. That tree skirt is fabulous!
Janice, please wish Charlie a happy birthday from one New Year's Eve baby to another.
Christmas will be small gatherings this year. I am spending Christmas Eve with my brother and sister-in-law and then Christmas day with my son and his girlfriend. I will be getting together with my grandkids one day next week.