Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-17-2020, 10:15 AM

After Christmas s fine with me.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:30 AM

SBG and all, the package appears to be sitting at the Greenville Distribution Center but no live body picks up the phone and the VM is full. The tracking system is down here (everywhere?) so it's spotty even to get info and there are no updates since it hasn't moved in 9 days. Will have to wait it out. I'll plan to hold off shipping until 2021 as I will be unavailable to ship for the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year's Day. It's just got to be here by then. We've never had a package go permanently missing and I don't want to believe it's going to happen this time.

PT was rough yesterday. The darned shoulder has started stiffening up so I've got to be careful and work it out daily. Sheesh. Just when I thought it was almost healed. Oh, well. Such is 2020.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Ok, we wait and pray it does eventually show up. At least we will have something else to open AFTER Christmas...

Shoulders are tempermental. I had two frozen shoulders right when covid first broke out, and they sometimes seem all better, and then bad again! Age may have something to do with it. I'm really feeling my age lately!
Old 12-17-2020, 12:40 PM

annt59, that’s a beautiful quilt. I’m sure your sister will love it.

Janice, hope your shoulder is better soon. It’ll be nice to get the blocks after Christmas anyway, when it’s a little less chaotic.

I got my final Christmas package in the mail and have my fingers crossed. It’s going all the way to NJ..one day I hope my daughter finds her way back to the Arizona desert.

Here’s my wall hanging so far pieced together. Now I need to appliqué all the pieces. I’m not sure how I’ll do the vines. I’m thinking just a straight stitch or maybe teeny hand stitches, which I’ve never tried 🤔.

7aa719bc-af60-45ec-87e6-6067e24b4d5c.jpeg
Old 12-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Lovely Santa Claus piece, Sue. I think hand embroidery would be great for your vines.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:45 PM

Totally fine getting the package in the New Year! I need more things to look forward too!
Old 12-17-2020, 06:04 PM

After New Years is great and makes the most sense.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:03 PM

I have a list of packages sent to werks ago AZ sent yo me weeks ago in limbo..somewhere over the rainbow. So hold on, put it away and enjoy your holidays.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:40 PM

Starting the new year with some fresh boom blocks sounds like a recipe for a great 2021. I'll look forward to it.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning, Flurries. We’re on hold because the final block package is stuck in SC. I’m sure it’s just the fact that the USPS is overloaded with packages now so it’ll be on it’s way eventually. Until then, we’ll just wait.

How are you all getting along this holiday season? I expect it’ll just be DH and I for Christmas. That’ll be a first. I’m not doing much decorating. Just wreaths on the windows and a small tree. What plans do you all have?
It is only going to be DH and I this year. Very quiet. I will make a small ham for his dinner for Christmas and we will watch Midnight Mass on TV. The rest of the day will be R&R for the 2 of us. Calls to all the kids and grandkids. We might have family over on the 12th night. They already had the virus and are mended well now so we should all be safe. That won't be until Jan 6th though. A lot could change between now and then.