Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-14-2020, 05:11 AM

Good morning, Flurries. We’re on hold because the final block package is stuck in SC. I’m sure it’s just the fact that the USPS is overloaded with packages now so it’ll be on it’s way eventually. Until then, we’ll just wait.

How are you all getting along this holiday season? I expect it’ll just be DH and I for Christmas. That’ll be a first. I’m not doing much decorating. Just wreaths on the windows and a small tree. What plans do you all have?
Old 12-14-2020, 08:19 AM

I just added the sign up for the Jan-June Round Robin.
If there is more than one group I would appreciate someone helping keep things organized.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:32 AM

Janice - I can't believe Christmas is almost here!!! Ours is going to be quieter than normal. Due to us not getting together for Thanksgiving my parents have already headed down to Florida (they usually leave around the first). My daughters, both in their early twenties, understand why but it's like their world has been shaken! We ALWAYS do Christmas Eve at the Grandparents. I think what it really comes down to there have been so many changes and u-turns this year that you want just one thing to stay the same...and it's not. But all the shopping is done and half the gifts are wrapped so I think I'm doing very well!

In my "free" time I have been quilting my quilt made from my blocks in Boom 23!! Hopefully there will be a picture soon -- my blocks were Christmas and I am determined to get it done. I didn't quilt as much as I thought during this pandemic, didn't have my mojo going! I backed the quilt with a very luxurious minky fabric -- it's is so comfy!!! And....I'm never going to do it again! It is heavy and I am having the worst time quilting it. It will not move under my machine. I'm instead holding it from underneath and moving it around that way - not ideal! I'm usually pretty good with a freestyle meander -- but this one is more jerky than I would like. But, it is still beautiful and comfy!

I'm trying to live by my new motto (credit to CBS news signoff) -- Stay Positive and Test Negative!
Old 12-14-2020, 11:09 AM

Sorry my 2 day package has taken almost 2 weeks and still not there. The post office is overwhelmed with so much online shopping and gift mailings. My son was supposed to take a class on driving another type of vehicle for the post office last Thursday but he said it was cancelled because all the instructors were out driving semis full of packages.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:19 PM

Bibliostone, no worries. It’ll get here eventually!
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Sorry my 2 day package has taken almost 2 weeks and still not there. The post office is overwhelmed with so much online shopping and gift mailings. My son was supposed to take a class on driving another type of vehicle for the post office last Thursday but he said it was cancelled because all the instructors were out driving semis full of packages.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:43 PM

While we wait, I will share what I have been working on. All my quilt making and I have never made my sons quilts. I asked them if they would want one and if they did, what colors. 3 did and so did my nephew. Here they are. 120 12-inch paper-pieced squares.
Attached Thumbnails austins-quilt.jpg   adams-quilt.jpg   jacobs-quilt.jpg   davids-quilt.jpg  
Old 12-14-2020, 03:21 PM

Hav 4 boys, all are lovely!
Old 12-14-2020, 05:43 PM

Your quilts are beautiful Hav4Boys!

I’m still doing Christmas shopping, some online and some locally. I have to mail a package tomorrow across the country. I should have mailed it a week ago from the sounds of things. I wonder if UPS is any faster. We hung a few more outdoor Christmas lights this year. I found a timer that is light activated that’s super easy to use.

I’m working on a Christmas wall hanging kit I got from Shabby Fabrics and finishing up some mug rugs for gifts.

Stay safe and healthy out there!
Old 12-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Hav4boys, those quilts are wonderful! My very favorite is the first one, in blue. It knocks my socks off! What great gifts those will be. Labors of love...

Janice and B'stone, that package will get there when it gets there, LOL! As soon as we all forget about it, there it will be.

I went out and Christmas shopped my heart out on Saturday... haven't done that in a long while. There are a couple of things I will have to mail order and hope and pray they get here on time! I'm really looking forward to this Christmas. The whole gang is coming to my house... just like when they were little... squeeeee!

Old 12-15-2020, 08:57 AM

Hav4boys, beautiful quilts for your sons and nephew.

IrishMom, Christmas sneaked up on us, too. I have Christmas presents here for everyone and now I'm afraid it's too late to ship them for Christmas arrival. I know a bit how you are feeling. My DS and his wife want us to visit for Christmas. They all had Covid a couple of months back and consider themselves completely immune but DH and I aren't quite convinced it's all that simple. They think they cannot bring it to us. We're going to have to call them later today say "no", as much as we want to spend the baby's first Christmas with them. They're going to be disappointed but they seem to think we are overreacting but we know several of people who have had covid, two our age and both hospitalized for it and an acquaintance died from its complications. They will just have to understand.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with the Minky on your B23 quilt. Never used it myself because I heard much the same thing from others about the weight and problems quilting. I do wish you luck in finishing it. I look forward to seeing it when you are done.

MadebySue, I'm in the same boat for shipping. With the overwhelming number of packages being shipped, I guess all the shipping companies are overloaded. Plus FedEx and UPS are shipping the vaccine all around the country so I don't know how that will affect normal deliveries. Wish I knew how to best ship mine. Please post a pick of your wall hanging when it's done. Love looking at everyone's work!

One last thing. I spoke with Jaba's husband, Bill, yesterday. His family has all headed home and he's adjusting. He said they have a daughter and granddaughter who are into quilting and that one of them may be able to make up the quilt tops Jaba left behind. Also, he said jokingly perhaps he should learn to quilt. Wouldn't Jaba like that! We had a nice little laugh, bittersweet but nice. He may give the Flurries blocks to one of the family to make his quilt. I wished him well from all of us.

Have a pleasant day, Flurries!