Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-22-2020, 07:21 AM

To all my Boom Buddies May you know the blessings of the season. For me it is wrapped up in this verse, "The World Stood Still for One Solitary moment to witness the Birth of a King." For everyone however you celebrate this time of the year hold true to one another and we can all have hope for a better year next time around. I can get real sentimental this time of the year as the holidays have always been filled with every emotion imaginable. This year it will be DH and I at home no kids or grand kids. Most important is keeping everyone safe. Thank you for being an important part of my life. Just know we did it together.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Cheese, those are beautiful quilted pieces! Love that bargello tree skirt. One day I'll be brave enough to try some bargello.

It's good to hear everyone adjusting to a different Christmas this year. This was the year my whole family was supposed to gather at my house. I was so excited. Last night my older son called and said his family was not coming. His wife is pregnant with their #2 and they decided covid made it too risky to travel. They have heard all the negatives in the media, and got filled with fear. I can't blame them for thinking of their children. My daughter has said they have had similar thoughts, but decided to come and wear masks the whole time. It's not turning out the way I envisioned, that's for sure. Merry Christmas anyway~!
Old 12-22-2020, 07:45 PM

Staying home. Just my husband and me. COVID is rampart in Florida.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:41 AM

Surprise! Our wayward package has made it to Atlanta. Wonder how long it will take to arrive here.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Wow Cheesehead love your decorations. With getting the house ready to sell I only have one decoration out besides tree and table runners. Don’t think anyone will even notice.

Granddaughter from Colorado came over and took a box of my precious Knick knacks from the hutch. She was so excited and said she would cherish them and continue to hand them down through the family. Can’t ask for anything better then that. I had 2 crocheted Afghans made by my great aunts, one a traditional multicolor brown and orange one and a strange colored one. She saw them and immediately said oh wow I would love the mustard colored one ( mustard?). She also took my great aunts sterling silver set. So glad to have these belongings stay in the family but out of my house

We have been so blessed to be Covid free and have the family get together. Sorry Sewbiz your plans have changed

Thinking and praying you all stay safe and have the best Christmas possible
Old 12-23-2020, 08:11 AM

Merry Christmas all! Supposedly the package left Atlanta this morning for delivery. Shouldn't be too much longer. I love the least minute Christmas decorations. They would take me forever. Finally going to back and quilt the beer quilt. I kept thinking I would rent time on a long arm machine, but the shops kept getting closed so now I have to do it on my machine. My daughter is coming down tomorrow, but her boyfriend is not coming. That means I have until Sunday to get it finished!
​​​​​​
Old 12-23-2020, 09:21 AM

My DH, DS, and I will stay home here in San Diego. My older DS is staying in in San Francisco due to COVId. My Midwest DD is in the midst of a high risk twin pregnancy and she has been given strict orders to hunker down. I really wish we could be with her as she is having a very tough time.

Our hospitals are full and they are now forming panels to determine how they will ration care! We are part of a group that has been supplying purchased meals to our amazing hospital workers.

Yesterday I had a (professor in ethics) friend of mine remind me that everyone got a holiday MIRACLE this year. Our scientists, doctors, military personnel, vaccine study volunteers provided us with a vaccine in record time. This is truly our Christmas/holiday miracle. The world and our country at its finest. I’m grateful for all these people and to see the light at the end of the tunnel

May you and yours have a healthy and safe holiday season. I hope everyone is able to connect with family in one way or another. I could even see my daughter’s pregnancy glow over Zoom yesterday. I am looking forward to the new year. My DH and I will be moving to the Midwest for 6 months to help DD next year and we are looking forward to this new adventure !

stay safe my boom sisters.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Our hospitals are full and they are now forming panels to determine how they will ration care!

Everyone ridiculed Sarah Palin when she said we would have "death panels" (under Obamacare), and now here it its....

MJP, hope all goes well with your daughter's twins pregnancy. I know you would love to be there.

Merry Christmas to all, and good news about our package!
Old 12-23-2020, 12:25 PM

Our family has made the naughty list! Last week mom and I got sick – very tired and achy and a cough. After a few days of sleeping, she had already lost muscle strength and having difficulty shuffling. I put mom’s Oxygen concentration up and forcing liquids. The hospitals are at or above capacity. Doctors offices are filled, no openings to get testing – so we just decided to sit it out. DH came down with total fatigue just as our Daughter and her family arrived for two weeks! (it was their decision as they think they had it back in February but never tested)
I am now better – although feel like I have head/chest cold. DH is sleeping! (DD noted that he is just sitting there without his phone or computer!!) Strange how it effects each of us differently. I am the only one with the high temperatures and that is really unusual for me! The three of us are staying quarantined.
We ordered prime Rib roast for Christmas – my mom’s treat for us. Along with twice baked potatoes, Brussel sprouts and broccoli. Since three of our appetites are so minimal this roast should last a few days! We had made some cookies, and DD had brought some that they made. Holding off on the cheesecakes until next week. We are planning on a Thanksgiving Turkey meal on News Year eve and hopefully we will all be healthy. DD and SIL are very comfortable in my kitchen and work well. I can easily let it go to them!
We were discussing how this time of year we start planning for the new year – vacations, trips, etc. And now, we have no clue what 2021 will bring with it. So for now – stay warm and healthy, appreciate all you have and are blessed with and give thanks for quilting friends.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:01 PM

Travelinggramm if you become more fatigued don't hesitate to rest. So important from all I l understand. My prayers while you get stronger.