Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Have you ever.... >

Have you ever....

Have you ever....

Old 11-10-2020, 02:51 AM

Unhappy Have you ever....

.....been quilting a way and 5 minutes later realized your bobbin thread ran out?

Please share what mishaps you have had in your quilting journey and if there was a solution to your problem. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2020, 03:24 AM

It's the worst when sewing curves and I've removed the pins so as to not sew over them!
Old 11-10-2020, 03:41 AM

Don't read if faint of heart....Sewed my finger while free motion quilting. Yep. Called 911 and four handsome paramedics showed up. (First 2 needed reinforcements.) No pain. No Blood but believe me the 5 of us were laughing ALOT...started with my smart A S S comments. Obviously got unattached and now very careful. Brought a cake to the crew for helping me. They were surprised some one would do that for them.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

FMQed a lovely feather border section only to find the backing had flipped into the feather. It looked really good on the top but I had to rip the whole border out to remove the backing.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:49 AM

Once when I was FMQ’ing, I heard a loud thump thump thump but I didn’t stop right away. It turned out that my cutting mat next to the sewing machine was actually quilted onto the back of my quilt. I’ve learned to stop right away when there’s a strange noise!
Old 11-10-2020, 08:37 AM

Wow, Doggramma! I've never even considered that happening... Yikes, Julienm1, that is NOT the way to meet fellas!
Old 11-10-2020, 09:53 AM

You made me laugh so loud my DH could here me in the bedroom and thought something was really wrong!! I can't tell you how many times I have done that! The worst is when I am piecing in a long line of pieces and they are all over the back of the sewing table and floor. Very annoying is all I can say when this happens. Not as bad when I am FMQ because there is only one thread to pull up and I can go right back where I was and keep going. I am never thrilled when this happens but it is funny to know I am not alone.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

My biggest goof to date was that I accidentally quilted a whole quilt top inside another quilt. I had a pile I was sandwiching and this quilt top stuck to the back of the batting on top of it. It was slightly smaller so I didn't notice until it was missing. I felt sick when I peeled back some edges and found that top quilted into the other quilt! No, I did not pick it out, I just left it and counted it as my loss. Now I sandwich only one quilt at a time! No more stacks.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:11 AM

I can't match anyone of you for having such terrible mishaps like sewing my finger in the machine. I have cut my finger while cutting off dog ears from blocks. Not too much blood but it annoyed me that I had to stop and clean my finger up and bandage it.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:22 PM

I can send you a bobbin or two. Here I sit trying to run out of bobbin thread.

I ran out of "empty" bobbins to use so ordered 20. Two days later, I missed that they were still in the cart...ordered 20 more.

Now, I'm trying to run out the thread from all the original wound bobbins that I needed empty to begin with.The thread is miscellaneous embroidery thread colors I needed for previous projects. Six bobbins emptied yesterday with only 43 more to go. So now tell me please, why did I order 40 more bobbins?

Need a spare? LOL!

PS: I had to turn off the machine sensor that beeps when bobbin thread is low so I could run out!