Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
More items getting hard to find. >

More items getting hard to find.

More items getting hard to find.

Old 12-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Default More items getting hard to find.

Windshield wipers are almost impossible to find now. ? I needed new ones and got the last set that fit my car. All on backorder for months now. Mechanic said he is having trouble getting tires too. I ordered a new set and he said it may be awhile or a long while. He said you can call around if you want but everyone is in the same boat.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Now there is a run on bread flour. It was scarce months ago and things eased up. But we are right back to hard to find bread flour.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:02 PM

my son works for an auto parts store and they have troubles getting supplies for their customers. why, i don't know. some problem in the supply line and the way things are these days, it's not surprising.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:32 PM

A friend of mine had to wait about 3-4 weeks for a new refrigerator. She wanted a particular model and was told it would be that long because the manufacturer was operating with reduced employees due to COVID. I suppose that is happening with manufacturers of other items.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

I noticed flour being off the shelves today! I keep two 5lb bags in my freezer all the time so maybe I can replace them soon.
I need to bake cookies to feel sane and right with my world.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:38 PM

We seem to be OK here in the middle of NC but - of course, toilet paper and paper towels are barely in the shelves anywhere, another thing I absolutely cannot find anywhere is blue (cyan) I know cartridges for my printer. I’ve checked everywhere including directly from HP - blue for other numbers but nine for my printer (902). I just don’t get how only one out if the three colors is impossible to find, just plain weird. But, I did get a mega package of TP the other day at Target. I’m still working in my last mega pkg. I bought last January😁😁😁😁. At least bread is still very plentiful.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 12-06-2020, 05:19 AM

Yeast was another item you couldn't find for months so when it did come available I grabbed some though I don't need it at the moment. During canning season Tomato Paste seemed to be a hot item but have found out how to make my own with leftover tomatoes so if this happens again I know what to do. Luckily I've stocked up on Tomato Paste for next Fall's canning season.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:25 AM

Here the outages are random, depending on what you want. Forget about getting any Lysol or thermometers. Paper towels are getting really hard to find. Two weeks ago there was no flour or sugar to be had. Couple of days ago it was piled high in the aisle. Rice is hit or miss, and now finally the canned soups are starting to be replenished. I usually make my own soup, but use some as a base, or in other things, so found a few cans. Chicken wings are impossible to find, but legs, thighs, and breasts are plentiful. Where do the wings go? Now, even though I go to the store with a specific list, I also have my "if you see it buy it list", just in case list.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

We aren't seeing any shortages of any above items.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:49 PM

There doesn't seem to be a problem with tires here -- DH needed some for his sports car and they put them on right away. There is a big problem with white goods (appliances, etc.) We ordered a new fridge and waited almost two months -- I didn't expect it until after the first of the year based on what they said when we ordered it. Good thing we weren't desperate -- just got tired of the little problems that were adding up.