UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 04-30-2021, 04:53 PM

Conchalea: I was wondering how your rides were going. Bummer to your vehicle.

Dedemac: Such great news! It's supposed to be 80's tomorrow for our area. Beautiful May 1st weather for us Minnesotans.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:56 PM

Thank you, yes tomorrow is going to be awesome, Connie we are only about 36 miles apart. For are area that is almost next door.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:29 AM

Great news, Dedemac!

Rob
Old 05-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Congratulations on being free for 6 months! I am guessing that it will feel good to be able to forget about for spans of time now that the port is out. Enjoy spring. Michigan is about the same. The peepers are peeping and the new gosling are out and about. Watching for baby sandhill cranes. They usually show up about Mother's Day.

No finishes for me and minimal quilting at all. Real focused on teaching this semester. I have a quilt retreat in about 5 weeks. I hope to layer four or five of my UFOs. A small group of about 12 attending in a large room that usually has about 35-40 quilters in at a normal retreat. We each get two 8 foot tables so there will be lots of social distancing and masks. So I should be catching up in June/July on some of my UFOs.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:57 PM

Dedemac: We are almost next door! Depending on which direction, I have probably driven near you. 🙂

WMUTeach: Your retreat will be fun and will be here before you know it.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Dedemac: We are almost next door! Depending on which direction, I have probably driven near you. 🙂
If you go to Mystic Lake then yes you have been really close to my house, wasn't yesterday awesome. After a little yard work and a bike ride today I'm going to cut to length the borders for the UFO! I also found out my DH will be staying overnight in St. Cloud for Tuesday and Wednesday so I will have lots of sewing time this week.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:44 PM

Dedemac: Looking forward to seeing your UFO! Yesterday was gorgeous! I have been in your area, mostly to Canterbury to watch my nephew race snowmobiles but it’s been a while since he’s raced there. I graduated from St. Cloud State and grew up south of there.

I pulled out my next UFO. I need to appliqué a few more blocks and then I will decide the groupings for several wall hangings as I don’t want it as a quilt.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:12 AM

Default Getting closer

I'm making progress, backing is pressed and the top is finished! Depending on the weather this weekend I will try to sandwich it. I was able to do a fair amount of cleaning and sewing the past 3 days with DH out of town on work. This weekend is fairly full, a baby shower on Saturday and Mothers Day on Sunday, and it should also be safe to put plants in the ground (less chance of frost finally). The picture doesn't show the colors to their best, sashing is a yellow with small yellow flowers. Also each there are only 1 square and rectangle of each fabric if I remember correctly. I figure 8 years is long enough to mature for a UFO. Paintmejudy's scrappy train ride waiting since January 2013. Next step how to quilt it?

Attached Thumbnails dsci0335c.jpg  
Old 05-07-2021, 07:26 PM

Dedemac: Very pretty. I did some of her later quilts. Thank goodness you mentioned frost. I went out right after reading that and got my early Mother’s Day planter in from the front step. The flowers were already chilly feeling.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:29 PM

I so enjoyed the Mystery Train postings by PaintmeJudy. I have a list saved of all of her mystery train patterns and where there are if any one is looking for a particular one. I have made several. Good directions and pleasing results.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-18-friend.jpg   mystery-train-20-assistant.jpg