Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 05-09-2021, 04:57 PM

Hello friends! So, I haven’t had a need to organize much at home; however, we made a trip to California and spent a week at MIL. I helped her organize her sewing closet. She had some super old notions and tools so we had a blast going through stuff and her story telling. So, it wasn’t much of a chore since we were making memories. She sews using an old featherweight (1956 is when she purchased it) ..her first and only machine....still works....and you should see all the attachments she’s collected over the years. Had fun...

Oksewglad....you look fantastic for 68..🤪
Old 05-15-2021, 03:16 AM

Organizing...Humm. This was a few days back but I thought it might be a nudge for someone else. I was felling crummy and stayed in bed most of one day this past week. So, I put my laptop on my lap, where else do you put a laptop, and proceeded to go through all of the bookmarked quilt patterns I had stored away on my computer. Needless to say I dumped most of them. Some were repeats while others fell into the category of "What were you thinking, No way!" I did save some of course and a few tutorials and charts for calculating particular sized quilts.

You know that wonderful, ahhh, that you feel after clearing up your quilting room or space? It felt the same way after eliminating saved/bookmarked patterns and websites on my computer. I felt truly - delightfully decluttered.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post

Oksewglad....you look fantastic for 68..🤪
Ha Ha. My avatar takes 10 years off my age!
Old 05-15-2021, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Organizing...Humm. This was a few days back but I thought it might be a nudge for someone else. I was felling crummy and stayed in bed most of one day this past week. So, I put my laptop on my lap, where else do you put a laptop, and proceeded to go through all of the bookmarked quilt patterns I had stored away on my computer. Needless to say I dumped most of them. Some were repeats while others fell into the category of "What were you thinking, No way!" I did save some of course and a few tutorials and charts for calculating particular sized quilts.

You know that wonderful, ahhh, that you feel after clearing up your quilting room or space? It felt the same way after eliminating saved/bookmarked patterns and websites on my computer. I felt truly - delightfully decluttered.
Well done...yes those tasks need to be done too. And now when I'm enticed by something new I ask myself if I will really make this!
Old 05-15-2021, 08:12 PM

WMUTeach: It does feel good. I went through my bookmarks over the winter. Shortly after that, I lost the few ideas I had saved. 🤷‍♀️ No clue what happened. They were just gone. Oh, well. Life moved on.

I had some extra space on a shelving system after I gave items to the fundraiser garage sale. I moved the tub of black fabric off of the floor under my ironing table to the shelving system. Then I decided I should look through the tub partially filled with florals and big prints under the table to see if I could condense it down. So much for finishing the top on my design wall. Lol!

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 05-15-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:34 AM

Retiredteacher09, just finding extra space is an event to celebrate! Tee-Hee-Hee! One of my week-end tasks is to locate some donation pieces for a group I joined that make items for a women's shelter and a local hospital. Hope I find some extra space too!
Old 05-16-2021, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

I headed for my sewing room this morning ( last quality time in there in March— according to the calendar in there). Hubby said...off to sew? My reply— maybe
i started cleaning-
piles and disorganization everywhere.
started at the door, I spent 3 hours, putting things away, putting projects together where they should be, sorting, shredding, recycling, started a bag of donation stuff ( miscellaneous stuff that has been given to me, or dropped off, or who knows where it came from, or why? The room had kind of become a catch all with all the stuff to deal with later- even stacks of junk mail
Now, the stack of drawers inside the door is cleaned off ( first time in probably 10 years) the display cabinet - all cleaned off and inside too. Ironing board, cutting table, machine cabinet sewing desk...it looks so nice now! Now I just need to find another day I can spend actually getting some sewing done. I truly got a lot done and it feels so good. I did manage to sew together a quilt back for the next quilt I need to get quilted- the stack of quilt tops to be quilted are all together and I’m just going to start at the top & try to get them done. I can concentrate on that and not mess things back up for a while- which will be nice. I’ve been feeling kind of stretched thin for the past month or so, my hubby even mentioned at dinner Friday night that it feels like it’s been a Long time since we sat down and had dinner together.
now, laundry is almost done, yard work is done, dinner is in the oven, trying to ( gear up) to start another 2 week crazy work stretch in the morning. Today has been nice
Old 05-17-2021, 03:37 AM

Wow, ckcowl- good job getting all that done!

I think today is going to be a barn day, if I can find gas. Couldn’t get out there last week since neither of our vehicles had enough gas to make the round trip and there was no gas to be found anywhere near by. Should be better today since they got the pipeline up and running again. If I do make it out there I will continue trying to reorganize my tack area. Still lots to go through and discard, donate or sell now that we are down to one horse. And kind of emotional, too.

Rob
Old 05-17-2021, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Great accomplishment ckcowl! Must be a great feeling. Right now a new glitch in my life and lots of things are being put on hold.

Hope you find some gas, Rob!
Old 05-20-2021, 02:50 PM

While I was in Florida, DD sold an 8 yr old horse she'd raised and trained from 1 hr old. It wasn't her horse but still it felt like her baby was leaving home. We had a celebration dinner and a crying dinner. The horse is still at her place waiting transport to Nebraska.