Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 07-02-2021, 05:42 PM

I’m reorganizing my sewing area again. I’m hoping one day I will just leave it be. 🤷‍♀️ I have been in a reorganizing mode since the beginning of the year for different parts of my house. I need to move the table, tubs, vintage sewing machine and cabinet, etc, from under the picture window so I can take down my old blinds and my son can put up the new ones. I’m taking the time to move a few things around to reduce the ‘cluttered’ effect from the way things were placed around the L shaped room. Fingers crossed that I get these things accomplished this weekend along with some sewing.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:32 AM

No big organizing but just putting away the odds and ends that are cluttering up my working space. 15 minutes and done. I would rather be quilting than searching for this and that that are covered up with the detritus of previous projects or WIPs. On the mark, get set, GO!!
Old 07-03-2021, 05:10 AM

Wesing- best wishes with the move!

yesterday I spent some time getting my current projects organized so I could work on them all without having them stacked in piles on top of each other.
First, The two projects that need more design work went to my studio that has the big assembly table and a drafting table so they can each have their very own flat surface for working on the quilting designs I want to use. I also moved my portable light box into that room since one of the projects will require tracing a design onto my fabric.

Then I arranged all my 2.5” squares that I am using for the 16 patch blocks in Debbie Brown’s July quilt and finished cutting the 7” squares that will be added to the 16 patches. I moved all these over to my piecing area so they are set up and ready to be chain pieced. I also gathered the sashing fabric and border fabrics and set them nearby.

I’d fallen behind on getting quilts posted in the pics section here, so I added some pics. Then, while straightening up the guest bed so Bubba could actually spend some time there, I discovered an old quilt that needed to have a project page created for it. I did that and found a storage bag to put it in so it could go into the walk in closet where I store finished quilts.

After that I did a little quilting on my Debbie Brown June quilt, but decided I didn’t like the thread color or the design I’d chosen, so I ripped it all out and pulled a different thread color. After quilting a trial motif in a completely different design and the new color, I decided I liked it. But by then, I was exhausted so went downstairs for dinner and an evening spent vegging in front of the tube.

Today is a new day and I am looking forward to being able to walk into my straightened up studio spaces and work on my organized projects without having to move a bunch of stuff around. Yay!!!

Rob
Old 07-08-2021, 09:39 AM

for my surgerly recovery, sister stayed with me. Her interior dec nature rearranged my living space-excellent. Encouraged me to declutter. Sometimes I need motivation.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:09 AM

Petthtefabric- i hope your recovery is going well. Glad your sister was able to help.

Rob
Old 07-08-2021, 03:19 PM

it's past boring. This desk could use some organizing.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:33 PM

petthefabric: It’s nice your sister was able to be around during your recovery. Her Interior dec help is a bonus. I need motivation more often than not.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:59 AM

Used my 15 minutes to clean up in my sewing room last week and wow what a difference that small amount of time made. I highly recommend setting a timer and look at the difference. Today, I will be applying the same technique to a pile of receipts and paper records that need to be filed. Why do I allow this pile to grow so high before dealing with it? I think it's name is procrastination.

Old 07-11-2021, 11:25 AM

Maybe I can attack 1 stack of papers on my desk this week.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Maybe I can attack 1 stack of papers on my desk this week.

That sounds like a doable goal---Go for it!

I've been wanting to do some more decluttering, but can't seem to decide where or when to start. Been having difficulty with getting unmotivated and overwhelmed every time I decide to tackle an area because of on-going issues with my innards that may or may not be related to an umbilical hernia that I just found out about after multiple trips to and from doctors, surgeons, ultrasound and finally a CT scan (which found it). The hernia's going to be repaired on July 23, so hopefully my motivation will show back up once it's no longer painful to bend forward.

Rob