Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 09-16-2021, 02:29 AM

Ahwu, it sounds like a very rough couple of weeks for you and your daughter. I’ll keep her in my thoughts for a swift recovery. Hugs.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:11 AM

Ahwu, sick kids are the worst! You want to make them better and you just have to hurry up and wait. I'm glad it wasn't covid. There are tons of non-covid respiratory viruses running around Mississippi. The kids in daycare love to share them. As soon as your child can get back to school, it won't be a problem catching up. Young minds are so fast at learning! I hope you're eating lots of chicken soup in the meantime to keep up your strength! Worrying about our kids takes a lot out of us!

Moonwork -- that's beautiful! Please accept my condolences for your dad. Treasured memories to tie into a quilt! Thank you for showing it to us! I am glad you pulled it out and started up with your quilting again!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on another grandbaby on the way, Janice! More fun.

Congrats on selling your house, Terri. One big thing off your mind.

Ahwu, so sorry your daughter has been sick. Hope she's back to normal again soon.

Moonwork, I remember you! You were one of the Boom "moons". As I recall we had several moons in various forms for a couple of years. Good to hear from you. Very sorry your Dad passed.

My granddaughter is two and in preschool 5x a week. She has had one sickness after another. Preschool is like a germ bank.

We are looking at closing on our second house in two weeks from yesterday. Doesn't seem real... We have spare furniture inherited from my parents, so we won't need too much to outfit the house. Just a washer, dryer, fridge, lawnmower and vac! Ha ha.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:21 PM

Moon work great to hear from you and I love your quilt. Sorry about your Dad’s passing

Ahwu so sorry your little one has been so sick, sure hope she gets healthy quickly

Sewbiz good thing you have most of your furniture. The lead time is terrible on most brands

Janice I took a large tote with me today to a gathering of quilters. It was filled with swap blocks. I removed everyone’s names, divided into style of block and colors. Two gals took them all. They were 6;5” hour glass blocks, 9 patches, mini blocks and lots more. No boom blocks. These are from years ago and I know they will never finished by me. The company that is installing my sewing floor is backed up and I think we might have to look elsewhere.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:17 PM

Terriamn, I’m glad your blocks have gone to people who will turn them into quilts or other items. So much better than having them go unused. Good for you.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:53 AM

I just got home yesterday from the hospital with COVID. I was there for 2+ weeks and am as weak as a new born kitten. I am sitting at my computer right now as I must sit up even when I don't feel like it for at least an hour at a time. I am getting by with a walker to and from the bed and bathroom, and now here. The Home Health Nurse was here yesterday and PT and OT will begin today to help me get my strength back. A friend went grocery shopping for us yesterday and we are all set for at least a month now. I will be using a lot of canned food until I can cook again. Fortunately I am vaccinated so it could have been much worse. I don't want to go through this again.
When I came in here and saw all my blocks sitting here I wanted to pick them up and play with them but quickly realized I didn't have the strength. I am hoping to be back on my feet independently soon.
This has been a crazy 2 months. Losing my sister and BIL then losing my mother the end of Aug and spending the majority of Sept in the hospital with COVID. I am still testing positive for COVID right now. The docs said I could test positive for 3 months but should be disease free in another 2 weeks.
I missed everyone.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:40 AM

Dear Juliab, I am so sorry! Thank goodness you have gotten out of the hospital and can find comfort surrounded by your own things. It sounds like you have everything set up to be easy on yourself and that is wonderful! I wish I was there to bring you some chicken soup. The fatigue from the virus is the worst once your breathing improves (which it sounds like you are okay with breathing -- yay!!).

Typical of a virgo, I am obligated to give you my advice. I am NOT a doctor. I don't know what medications you might be taking. If you are taking nothing, these vitamins and supplements might help. Check with your doctor or pharmacist before you take any of these if you are on medication.

For the unmedicated you, keep on (or start) taking vitamin D3, zinc (on a full stomach), lysine (another antiviral supplement), and B12 (to help energy increase). Turmeric is a wonderful anti-inflammatory that may help keep your viral load down and speed healing. I drink a green tea with turmeric that I pick up from the grocery store. Green tea is great to keep your stomach healthy and keep bad bacteria loads down in there while you are in a weakened state!

Stay away from sugars as much as possible (especially high fructose corn syrup and fake sugar) as they use up tons of energy to digest and process and your energy is needed to get your body up and functioning. Probiotics are great to let your intestines make more nutrients bioavailable to you, too.

And with prayers and patiences, before you know it, you'll be up and patting your new blocks! I am praying for a rapid recovery for you! You certainly have had a rough few months.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:08 AM

Julia, I am so sorry to hear of your illness. You have gone through so much the past few months. My thoughts and prayers are with you so that you recover quickly. (((Hugs)))
Old 10-04-2021, 11:48 AM

Julia, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been hospitalized but am so happy you are home now recuperating. Please be sure to rest as much as possible and don’t overdo anything. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing. Hugs.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:26 AM

Julia I am so sorry you are battening Covid but thankful you are recovering. Please take eye time to emotionally and physically heal