Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Iron recommendations >

Iron recommendations

Iron recommendations

Old 01-14-2022, 05:34 AM

I too have a cordless Panasonic on my little ironing setup next to my machine. It is getting ancient! Our tap water is very low in mineral content (it is from rainwater) so I use the steam setting on my iron.

At my big pressing station (a converted IKEA table) I use a corded iron, the "Reliable Velocity". Nice iron!
Old 01-15-2022, 09:02 AM

I love my Oliso, but I wish I could make the feet not squeak every time they move up or down.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:12 AM

Originally I purchase a Black and Decker iron. It never really was easy to use. I had trouble pressing seams, and I always was snagging the cord. I finally was able to afford a Panasonic cordless, with the pointy sole plate. I got it as a repackaged item from Amazon. It had a gummed up sole place because the previous buyer apparently didn't read the instructions, and used it on a synthetic using the high setting. I managed to clean the gumming off, and it glides so smoothly. It's easy to use due to the lack of cord. And it gets very hot compared to the Black and Decker. From what I can tell, it does a better job of pressing the seams due to the sharper edged sole plate. At least my pieced fabric squares are flatter, and the seams more sharply defined.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I recently bought a Panasonic cordless but I'm not thrilled with it. I like the cordless feature but it doesn't seem to get hot enough and it shuts off too quickly. I don't use steam, rather I use a water bottle instead. I'm kind of disappointed overall.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:51 AM

The Panasonic I got gets much hotter than the Black & Decker I had. I guess it is a toll everyone is always trying to find a better one. So far I am delighted with mine. I guess not getting the iron jerked out of my hand by the power cord snagging is the best feature for me. I have severe arthritis, and hanging onto anything is a plus for me.