Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gift ideas needed >

Gift ideas needed

Gift ideas needed

Old 07-17-2021, 02:23 AM

Default Gift ideas needed

Our Friends of the Library group always has a staff appreciation dinner for the library staff before the holidays, and I like to make small gifts for each person. There are 13-14 on the staff so it's not difficult, but I plan to start in the summer. Here are some of the things I've made in the past: mug rugs, pot holders with homemade jam, chap stick holders, key fobs, ornaments. What little gifts have you made?
Old 07-17-2021, 03:14 AM

Default Gift ideas

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Our Friends of the Library group always has a staff appreciation dinner for the library staff before the holidays, and I like to make small gifts for each person. There are 13-14 on the staff so it's not difficult, but I plan to start in the summer. Here are some of the things I've made in the past: mug rugs, pot holders with homemade jam, chap stick holders, key fobs, ornaments. What little gifts have you made?
snappy bags are always a good one, they are made with a tape measure closure. My husband likes them for vehicle registrations
Old 07-17-2021, 03:23 AM

Kleenex holders for those little pkgs. sachet bake to hang in the closet or place in a drawer
Old 07-17-2021, 03:25 AM

Love the snappy bag idea. Do you have a preferred pattern?
Old 07-17-2021, 04:51 AM

Post-it note holders. You can make some really cute ones with small acrylic picture frames. Pinterest has lots of tutorials for them.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Did you see the post that showed a tortilla holder/warmer and a link to the YouTube video?
Old 07-17-2021, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

I have been making pillows for gifts. I use Misty Doan tutorial for the nine patch pillow. If I don't know of a favorite color or decor I use a theme, books, travel, sport, hobby. Filling is fiber fill. I have several that have been washed and dried many times and look great. I don't over fill so they are nice for behind the back or for chair cushions. They are fast to make using 5 inch squares.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Tree decoration?
Old 07-17-2021, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

My niece made tree decorations last year for employee gifts. She got blasted for assuming all celebrated Christmas by several co workers. They came to the Christmas party with Christmas theme and she gave each attendee a handmade decoration, a fabric folded star. She wanted to do something special due to the pandemic atmosphere. Her supervisor told her to apologize for offending these employees. The company gave out Christmas stockings filled with items and the 'offended ones' didn't complain about those. She now has a new and better job. It's almost impossible to be nice anymore, only generic hello and how can I not offend you today?
Old 07-17-2021, 07:43 AM

I just followed the link from the Quilting Sayings thread and there are many free quilted gift ideas on it.
https://bomquilts.com/

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 07-17-2021 at 07:45 AM.