Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gift ideas needed >

Gift ideas needed

Gift ideas needed

Old 07-23-2021, 03:42 PM

How about a gift card to a book store like Barnes & Noble? You could "wrap" it in a cute, quilted wallet. Eyeglass pouches/holders would also be nice. I'll bet every one of them wears reading glasses.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
How about a gift card to a book store like Barnes & Noble? You could "wrap" it in a cute, quilted wallet. Eyeglass pouches/holders would also be nice. I'll bet every one of them wears reading glasses.
The library trustees gave the staff gift certificates to a new store in town which I tucked into some eyeglass pouches last year. The staff really liked both gifts. My mom, on the other hand, didn't realize the pouch was a glasses case. She has been using the one I made her to hold coupons, pencils, etc.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

The most useful gift I like to get is a well made potholder that won't let the heat through. I know they are not exciting. I use a busy print or batik so stains won't be so noticeable over time. I put Insulbrite between two layers of cotton batting. When I see thin silicone trivets at discount stores I buy those and cut to fit instead of the insulbrite. A kitchen is no place for a lousy potholder.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The most useful gift I like to get is a well made potholder that won't let the heat through. I know they are not exciting. I use a busy print or batik so stains won't be so noticeable over time. I put Insulbrite between two layers of cotton batting. When I see thin silicone trivets at discount stores I buy those and cut to fit instead of the insulbrite. A kitchen is no place for a lousy potholder.
I agree with getting a well-made, useful, functional, potholder.

For guys, one that looks "masculine and grilling friendly"

Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Silicone trivets...good idea. I never would have thought of that. Thanks!