Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 01-05-2022, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Done!

sewingpup- is your bobbin case the large one? Mine is a 770QE and the bobbin case is magnetic. You could always check Bernina Jeff on Youtube. He's a wonderful resource for all things Bernina.
yep, it is the large magnetic one. I just have so much problems getting it back in right. I did just watch Bernina Jeff's Youtube and made myself a diagram. Hope it works! slowly learning how to stitch on this machine (590). I heard that Bernina's are the Diva's of the sewing machines, I think they are right. You have to treat them right and then they will be very good to you.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Done!

sewingpup- is your bobbin case the large one? Mine is a 770QE and the bobbin case is magnetic. You could always check Bernina Jeff on Youtube. He's a wonderful resource for all things Bernina.

oooh, pretty in pink, Susie. Gorgeous blocks. Love the variety.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

sewingpup- once you get used to it it's easy. I had trouble in the beginning as well. I love Bernina. I have 2 and neither has ever had to be fixed. I clean and oil my new one a lot. I like pampering it lol.

Janie- thank you! I love pink and you can tell, right?

Last edited by SusieQOH; 01-05-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:57 PM

SusieQOH: Your blocks look great!
Old 01-05-2022, 02:33 PM

SusieQOH, gorgeous blocks!
Old 01-05-2022, 07:55 PM

Suzslo The way you laid all the blocks side by side looks wonderful! I can’t wait until I have enough done to try mine like that. Progress was made and I am now working on clue 6. I have 5 blocks done but have the yellow/cream squares all cut and ready to go so hopefully I can finish up tomorrow. I would love to be ready for Friday.

Icablossom, I hope you move goes smoothly.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:34 AM

[QUOTE=SusieQOH;8529159]sewingpup- once you get used to it it's easy. I had trouble in the beginning as well. I love Bernina. I have 2 and neither has ever had to be fixed. I clean and oil my new one a lot. I like pampering it lol.

thank you for the encouragement. I had so much trouble with that lemon 570 I got first! I haven't had any similar problems with the 590 just that I still can't shake the fear that something will happen! Yikes that 570 really did give me PTSD. I did stitch all of Clue one and it worked beautifully. Hoping to move unto clue 2 today, would really love to finish all 6 by tomorrow but that is not going to happen, hopefully there is at least one more clue after tomorrow so I can catch up a bit more.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:10 AM

It's been hit or miss for me with uploading photos, but it looks like today is a good day. These are all the blocks I'm making on this round. I'm not doing the full sized quilt, but I'm not sure how big I am making it. So I may have some catching up to do at the end.

I want to thank everyone for being so encouraging here. So far, this has been a great first BH mystery quilt experience.
Attached Thumbnails rt-clue-6b.jpg  
Old 01-06-2022, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

woodland- your blocks are beautiful !!!
I'm glad you're enjoying this mystery. I am too. It's only my second one. I did Frolic but I'm finding this one a lot more fun. I like the colors and the blocks better. But the camaraderie is always the best part.
About Frolic- mine turned out so busy it honestly makes me dizzy haha! I haven't quilted it yet but maybe I should take another look at it. I put so much work into it!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm really loving this one!

Last edited by SusieQOH; 01-06-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:54 AM

Woodland: You blocks are wonderful. Great job! This is my second BH Mystery; I did Grassy Creek last year, but changed all the colors. This year I am (mostly) sticking to her suggested palette because I liked the colors better. Which makes it weird because many of the photos look just like the blocks I made!

Glad you enjoying the process.