Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-10-2022, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Janice, hope you will decide to jump in and play with us! You always make great blocks. Have some fun grandma time!

Macybaby, glad you were able to join in, too! Welcome.

NZ, love your pretty fabric. It will be fun to create something delicate with it.

The new shipping increase... OMGosh!! When will it stop? Seems like they jump it by a dollar or more once or twice a year. Wish UPS or FedEx had a comparable service for a more reasonable price.

Thought I'd show another idea for strings. I need to make another one of these myself... strings galore!

Attached Thumbnails img_4640.jpg  
Old 01-10-2022, 12:45 PM

Apparently the shipping cost changed yesterday. In December, when I ran a price for shipping in January on the 20th, it gave me $8.55. No clue they were going to increase the rates, yet again. It is about once a year the cost seems to go up on mail and service is slower. Pretty annoying if you ask me but it’s what we’ve got. Remember, you can ship to me Fed Ex or whatever, as long as you can provide tracking. I will only ship USPS because that’s usually the easiest for me.

For those in both groups, once again I will try to get all F8s and blocks in a single padded envelope but if I cannot, I’ll reach out to you and let you know in advance of shipping. The option is a box which will run $16.10 at the new price, less than 2 padded bags. As I said, I’ll work to get it all in one bag so everyone, plan to ship small. Please don’t use a gallon ziplock for each f8! The fabric can be nicely folded and put into a quart size or even a sandwich size baggie.

ok, I’m off until tomorrow. Later!
Old 01-10-2022, 12:52 PM

Did we get the address to send the squishy’s to. Did I miss it?
Old 01-10-2022, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
TG, I’ve been debating joining - back and forth, back and forth. . I dont have anything in my stash and I haven’t been able to visit the LQS and here I am going out of town again. If I can find a fabric I like before I send out F8s, I might jump in. It won’t change the number of F8s everyone sends, just means one less duplicate for that group.
If you're interested, I have several pieces I'll give you. Glad to send you pics. Just let me know.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I feel like my Boom fabric is pretty boring compared to all of yours, but I wanted to use what I have in my stash, and I have an entire bolt of this fabric. I'm asking for any color you think will compliment it and a white background.
Your fabric has all the colors for spring. And I think some 30's reproductions would work. I'd be happy to work on your fabric.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thought I'd show another idea for strings. I need to make another one of these myself... strings galore!
I've used that pattern, several times. And versions of it. It's a great choice.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM

No, not yet. I’m out of town and don’t want them arriving too soon. Will send an email out in a couple of days with the address at which time you can all start shipping galore!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Did we get the address to send the squishy’s to. Did I miss it?
Old 01-10-2022, 01:08 PM

I love this pattern. Less fussy than mine!

Old 01-10-2022, 02:02 PM

Hello Boomers! Life is crazy as always (good crazy) and COVID continues to disrupt things but we just keep moving forward. I had a great idea for this boom and now I am second guessing a bit, but I'm going forward with it anyway. I bought fabric a few years back while on a sailing trip to French Polynesia. I want to make lap quilts for the three other couples on the trip (and for me), so I figured this is perfect. I got my fabric washed and cut and then realized the REALLY LARGE print could make this tricky fabric. (I feel I still owe you all after the spartan fabric!). My plan is the blocks will be on point and alternate a boom block with a full block of fabric, so there is no worry about fussy cutting and trying to preserve the pattern. Good thing you are all good sports! I know you will work your magic! Everyone will get either the purple or blue.
Attached Thumbnails jayne-fabric.jpg  
Old 01-10-2022, 03:23 PM

Finally got my computer up and running and can download the second fabric. i will be sending out the black on white and the white on black. Think trains. i will include picture of the other train fabric which i will incorporate into the quilt.
Love all the great selection of fabrics. I learned that i can not plan anything until I see and touch each fabric and let it speak to me and read what your vision is and colors wanted.
Oh Janice - somehow I think we can find some fabric for you!!
Attached Thumbnails train.jpg   trains.jpg