Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 02-03-2022, 09:08 AM

RedGarnett, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending virtual hugs your way and hoping that you will find inspiration and comfort here.

Rob
Old 02-03-2022, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Rob , Every thing looks great now and it makes a difference. The flamingo said they would be happy to be put in pot of small rocks so they could stand up and look out a window.
LOL! Glad to hear things are looking good!

Today I'm going to work on my Feb. UFO- I haven't looked at it in over a year, and not sure what all it still needs in order to get finished, but I want to get it all organized and ready to go so I can permanently remove it from Area 51. I am also going to do a little more work on batting scraps- hoping to get those all organized and put away by the end of the week!

Rob
Old 02-04-2022, 10:48 AM

RedGarnet: Thoughts, prayers and sympathy on the loss of your dear friend. I just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine (for 56 yrs.) who lost her husband last year. We talked for 2 1/2 hrs.......just like our HS days. It is hard to lose friends we have a history with and I totally understand your pain. Hopefully quilting will be your therapy.
rryder: great job on tackling your overflows. I am just about finished with my first quilt top after my huge de-cluttering and it was so much more enjoyable working with clean surfaces and everything in its place when I needed it.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:51 AM

RedGarnet, sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend…I can only imagine the void you will have without her.

Rob, that reminds me…I have a bunch of batting scraps stuffed under a knee-wall in my sewing room that needs to be organized by size. Who knows what other treasures may be found in that cubby.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:46 AM

I have developed two rules that may help me to stay organized.
1. Put things back where they belong when I'm done with them.
2. Spend limited time in the fabric room. (Longer I'm in there the bigger mess I make and walk away from...)​​​​​​
So if I can follow these two rules regarding quilting, do I have chance it may roll over to other issues in the house? hmmm.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:04 PM

SueZQ - thank you for that insight. I have a dust ruffle on the bed that hides a good chunk of my stash, but I will be sure to keep an eye on the boxes nonetheless, and perhaps line the sides with tissue as well (I think that tip was from this thread).
Old 02-07-2022, 03:09 PM

Well, best laid plans: Ended up spending most of Sunday and today at the barn since my horse has developed conjunctivitis in both eyes. Fortunately this is not the emergency that other types of eye issues can be in horses, so just a matter of getting him medicated to relieve the itchiness and some ointment to help clear up the irritation- whew! So, although I did get my February UFO sorted out, I didn't get anything more done with the batting scraps.

I will be working on those batting scraps for the next few days if I can manage to stay at home long enough LOL.

Oh, and on the way to the barn this morning I dropped off two boxes for donation- so that's a win!

Keep up the good work everyone! And post photos if you've got em, along with any tips you've run across for maintaining the spots that you've spent time organizing.

Rob
Old 02-12-2022, 09:42 AM

Hi Rob,

Glad your horse in on the mend and it wasn't something more serious! And sounds like you've been busy organizing! Great job!

Since the beginning of the year, DH and I have been organizing our extra storage: crawl space, shed, etc... It been a big project. What helped is that our son (age 15) is now ready to let go of some of his things from his younger years. He and my husband sold several hundred dollars worth of toys and legos on Ebay. As a teen turning things into 'cash' was an eye-opener!

I've been organizing my UFO's. They are stored in the closet I share with my DH. I've quilted about 5 quilts so far and organizing some fabric piles into collection bags. It was actually fun looking through the piles because it gave me inspiration for finishing a couple things up!

Old 02-12-2022, 12:35 PM

Rob…horses are a lot of work..so glad to hear your baby will be ok..

kristyjoy….I remember well going through our 40ft container before moving. It is hard to let things go but when you sell them to someone who will really enjoy them…it makes it better. Good for your son…a little pocket money will put values to the test. Lol.. great lesson for him.

I finished my family picture wall after getting the last of supplies needed and updated pictures from family. I have a bunch of empty frames I need to figure out what to do with but for now, they are packed up, stored, and out of the way. The 1st quarter of the year is annual physicals and this year, more tests added so not much time spent at home… Shipped our taxes off to our tax man, at least, so that is done.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:09 PM

My only plans for today were to review my tax info, drop the info off with my preparer, and sew. I did accomplish those things but then decided I could use recently emptied tubs to organize some loose fabric. It looks nicer on my shelves when everything is inside tubs/boxes.