Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 06-02-2022, 05:04 PM

Ohhh, someone is close to the magic number of squares. But I will still wait to see if anyone get even closer. I will be way for the week-end celebrating my granddaughter's high school graduation out of state. I'll be checking in but not much chatter from me until Monday when a winner will be announced and I will post photos of my flimsies.

Thank you June Birthday Day Swappers for posting your lists. LOVE IT!
Old 06-02-2022, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Irish, what a nice exchange project. Wondering the size of each block is and how many you had to make for the exchange. I have seen those exchanges but never signed up in fear I would have to make 15 or 20 blocks. My guild does this and one year I signed up and had to make 26 blocks!! Oh sure I got 25 back plus one of my own, but really, that is a lot of blocks. It strikes fear in me thinking of making that many blocks again. Tee-Hee-Hee
SewBizGirl was right - we made 5 blocks of the same design; kept one and sent the other 4 to the hostess. You could do as many sets of 4 as you wished. The blocks are 12.5 inches unfinished. I did two of the RWB swaps and a summer block swap. I thought they were great fun. It allowed one to get some really cute blocks in a variety of styles and fabrics. It's been a couple of years since the last one.

Also --- I guess 2,444 in your 3 quilts!
Old 06-03-2022, 04:45 AM

I remember those swaps too, IrishMom. I joined in the Fall swap and Summer swap. Those were a lot of fun!
Old 06-03-2022, 04:09 PM

3000 beautiful candies :-)
Old 06-03-2022, 05:58 PM

I'm going to guess 2850 beautiful candies that you used.

i'm still around. I'm still working through my UFOs slowly... I've been going through my quilt room and continuing to declutter things. I went through my quilt kits and organized those. I went through drawers and found enough plaid fabric I had put there to make those cool burrito 3 seam pillowcases. I made 14 of them. Lol! Needless to say we're flush in pillowcases. I'm also making a picnic quilt out of my old jeans and plaid flannel. It's simple, just alternating 5" squares. I'm trying something new and sewing the squares into rows and then quilting them down with straight line quilting on the backing and plastic middle. Basically quilt as you go, with a small twist. So far so good. 2 rows down 13 to go. Wish me luck!
Old 06-04-2022, 07:25 AM

I saw another fun use of our birthday candies on this board - check out Irish Mist. I love the use of blue squares.

Irish Mist
Old 06-04-2022, 07:56 AM

I mailed out the bd cards yesterday.

I have been busy quilting 7 tops for a friend over the last 6 weeks, and planting my small veggie garden. I need to get back to my quilts I plan to make for my extended family members. My weekend project to cut out one top. We will see how that goes.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:43 AM

Gee...hard to tell without dimensions.
I'll try 2,880.
Best of luck to everyone!
Old 06-04-2022, 09:44 AM

Thank you Macybaby! I got your envelope today.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:14 AM

Good Luck, Loveofquilts. Love that you popped in for a moment to let use know what you have been up to..........and it is a lot.

My granddaughter's graduation is over. All the grandparents, or all but two were at the home of one and we saw the ceremony on live stream. There was limited seats per student with a class of 480+ students. How comfy to sit in air conditioned space in over stuffed chairs sipping mimosas and cheering her on from afar. Tomorrow is party time then home to the mitten state.