Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 07-16-2022, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
You really are a traveling grandma! What fun to spend time with the kiddos now. You are so organized and have a plan. Your secretary will do a good job again, I am sure.
It may look like a great plan, but my plans always change. Both teens are working two jobs this summer and one added drivers ed and the others truck isn't running. Now to work around those schedules!.
but....They both are requesting a few days off work to spend with us......I am so blessed.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:10 AM

Default 2.5's and Lost and Found

Well I finished another UFO! This one does have an abundance of 2.5's, 360! Not a huge number but enough to make a small dent in my batiks.

I do have good news to share with those who would understand. In January I started a quilt journal and was doing well tracking progress, planning and recording my quilting journey this year. In the middle of May it disappeared. I looked, I sorted, I whined and then I looked some more. The last time I KNOW I had it was when I was in Yoder's in Shipshewana. I thought I had seen it at home after that and, I assumed that it had fallen into my trash bag near my sewing table. Well, yesterday I was in Yoder's again, so I asked about a lost and found in the fabric area. "Go check at the register". Great Day in the Morning! I described the journal and one of the gals reached under the counter and there it was! Lots of my quilting information except for my name and contact information! Internally I was doing Snoopy's happy dance! Now I have to catch up and yes, put my contact information in my journal. "Thanks for shopping with us and have a good day!" had a whole new meaning.

Watch for our next birthday address in your message box tomorrow, the 20th.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-18-batik-scraps-donation-360-2.5-.jpg  
Old 07-19-2022, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
...Well, yesterday I was in Yoder's again, so I asked about a lost and found in the fabric area. "Go check at the register". Great Day in the Morning! I described the journal and one of the gals reached under the counter and there it was! Lots of my quilting information except for my name and contact information! Internally I was doing Snoopy's happy dance!
What a wonderful day yesterday was! I think it should be declared a holiday! I'm dancing right along with you in joy!!!
Old 07-19-2022, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Yay, WMUTeach! Great news on the journal being found. I'm sure you will put your name and phone # in it, pronto! LOL. The quilt is awesome! What a great way to use up scraps. I've been wanting to make one of those too!
Old 07-19-2022, 08:04 PM

WMUTeach, that is a very cool quilt. I love batik fabrics, I may have to do that one too.

I'm glad you found your journal, they are so important!
Old 07-20-2022, 06:46 AM

I just sent out the August Birthday Swap info. We have one August Birthday, Travelinggranmma.

Keep cool everyone as you labor away on your projects.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:12 AM

Just sent out my August birthday card to travelinggramma!
We've been furiously cleaning the house for the past 2 weeks. My aunt is coming to visit, I haven't seen her in almost 30 years.... Other than that we have been doing the summer reading program and I've been slowly working on UFOs. I just finished some microwave bowl cozies I've been meaning to get done for some time. I have several bags waiting for me to make them. I just finished a handful of quilted magnets for the fridge and my aunt. Nothing big on the past week... Have to get that quilt quilted on the long arm and a hundred other things. Lol! Hope everyone is having a great summer and staying cool.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:43 AM

Travelinggramma I've taken your birthday candies to the post office on my errands this morning. I wish you Godspeed on your trips.

I've been frantically working on a sailboat quilt for the State Fair of Virginia in the midst of house remodeling. The remodeling has been ongoing for more than two years with no end in sight. Heavy sigh... I'm naming the quilt Regatta.
Attached Thumbnails sailboats.jpg  
Old 07-20-2022, 10:13 AM

This week is the first week, in what feels like forever, that I am feeling okay and my energy is coming back. I haven't needed to run to be sick in the bathroom for two days now and I've kept all food down. (I probably just jinxed myself by posting it!) This pregnancy so far has probably been my hardest! I've cried everyday for weeks because of lack of help, utterly exhausted but still needing to keep this household afloat. The hormones have been horrible. I don't know if it's because I'm a bit older, or what. The garden has been driving me crazy, and I've canned so much food, I hate it. If I had known I was going to get pregnant, I don't think I would have done such a large garden. My hubby has helped as much as he can, but he's gone for almost 12 a day at work, so that doesn't leave much time for helping. He's been doing all the grocery shopping and Wal-Mart pickups, which is a huge relief. Anyway, hopefully all that will soon be behind me. I so want to sew! But I need to keep on top of the canning and freezing veggies first.

I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow, so I will get to hear the little heartbeat for the first time. I am so looking forward to that! On my way out of town, I'll mail Traveling Gramma's candies out.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:52 AM

Love of, JENNR8R and NZ, you have certainly been busy and had plenty to care for this summer. Guest coming, first trimester for a new family member, and a lovely sailboard quilt. Oh, my.... You are on your game though with getting the birthday surprises in the mail so quickly! Yeah You!

I finished my Number 6 UFO and it is all from my 2.5" bins. I used 728 of those little sweeties. I needed to make room for this year's birthday treats, right? The sashing, binding and back are from stash so it is a real big win.

Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-21-donation-quilt-728-2.5s.jpg