Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, Janice.

Let's see some more finished quilts!
Old 06-30-2022, 01:16 PM

I have my blocks together with sashing and cornerstones but am behind on the borders. They are cut, the vines are sewn down, and then......my child got an amazing deal on a new king size cooling Tempur-Pedic bed so we agreed to switch bedrooms--my sewing room is now the little spare bedroom. So I'm a bit behind, I'll post just as soon as I'm done, hugs!!
Old 07-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Oh no. Going to a smaller sewing room isn't fun.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:34 AM

You are 100% correct. My TV is now mounted on a swing out arm on the wall. I put together a custom storage/cutting/ironing station & got a new sitting/standing desk & a new ergonomic chair--first time ever for new furnishings--the old stuff doesn't fit. I got cheap shelves from Amazon and cut them down to size to fit in the corner next to the window, and found a used 4-light fixture that I repainted to increase overhead lighting. The best thing is now my stash is in the closet and not exposed to any light, I ordered small metal rolling carts and tension shelves to increase storage space in the closet for my stash, and hung my rulers using Amazon twisted wire hangers. Deciding what doesn't go into the room is tough (been sewing for 40+ years) but I keep telling myself it will be more efficient.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:58 AM

I am going to need to create an entire sewing room in our Texas house. Would like it simple with just the basics. It has 2 large closers, hubby will take out the hanging rack in one and add shelves for my fabric. Will need sewing table, ironing station and cutting area. Since I use to sew in the laundry room, iron on the top of the dryer and cut out everything on the mini counter in the kitchen being in one room will be a huge improvement.
Old 07-02-2022, 07:19 AM

Absolutely, I know what you mean, I used to iron in the bathroom, it forced me to get up and move around the house but it was inconvenient and inefficient. Two closets will be so nice for your stash as well. I splurged on the flexispot sitting/standing sewing table, a wool ironing mat and used small olisa iron, it will be so nice to iron in the same room from now on.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

It makes your sewing so much more enjoyable when you have things set up the way you need them to be.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:30 AM

Reba,does your flexi desk adjust from sitting position to standing? Hubby thought a variable height sewing table would work well for my back
Old 07-03-2022, 08:28 AM

Yes it does. It is whisper quiet and easy to put together (I did it myself). I just ordered a small under desk plastic drawer for the left side to keep some snips, etc. from Amazon for $9. This is the first ever new sewing or furniture I’ve gotten, I listened to a podcast about how important it is to have ergonomic furniture to eliminate headaches and back issues and since I figure I will have this for the rest of my life, it was an investment.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:42 AM

Good afternoon from NC. It’s a gorgeous day but rain is expected again in a few hours.

Just want to let you know that I haven’t forgotten about the next Boom but a couple of surprise visits this month make it necessary to push back to September. Be on the lookout for sign-up news early in the month.

How are you enjoying your summer? I’ve been busy the last month, on and off, with a quilt top. Pic attached. I’m about half way done with the center. All the pieces are cut but there are enough steps to make the units and blocks to ensure at least another month’s worth of work. It’s called Bear Branch by Bonnie Hunter. Turquoises and Browns. I love it. I’ve always wanted a quilt with lots of browns.

I’m off. Have a fine rest of your day.
Attached Thumbnails 01ed6377-6e15-4bdd-aa6a-23120a47ccac.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-07-2022 at 08:54 AM.