Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 05:04 PM

The rest are in process.
MJP Encinitas; The Kaffee fabric called my name for creativity. They're up next.
Hav4boys: The hand dye required black. Purchased while in town today
Anna Quilts: The Native America needed teal/aqua fabric. On order.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:13 PM

Wow, petthefabric, you have been on a sewing marathon and I love your creativity. Very impressive! Thank you for my blocks!
Old 02-19-2022, 06:06 PM

Petthefabric, you've presented a stunning array of blocks! Lots of eye candy to be sure. Wonderful.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:48 PM

Petthefabric. The blocks are fantastic. I can’t wait to see what you make for me!

All the blocks are glorious! I will be working on a lot of boom blocks while I’m doing a five week van trip!

Here is my friend Kathy. We have three days to quilt and bind this king sized boom block quilt. I did some FMQ stay quilting. Kathy is doing quilting with a walking foot on the outermost layer. Nothing like having your first quilt be a king sized quilt!

I’ll got back and do some fancy FMQ tomorrow. Then Monday we finish up and bind. The quilting bee went well, we got the last big border completed, with the help of the quilting minions.

it’s been a really fun visit with her. I can’t wait to post the finished quilt. Another UFO will be off the list. I’ve used all the boom blocks I have except for the ones that match the ones you are working on!

our motto for this quilt is ‘ it’ll never be noticed on a galloping horse and that’s the only kind I ride’ Kathy is stitching in the ditch and she told me, it’s mostly in the ditch, a close neighbor anyway, thank goodness, for invisible thread.

she’ll take the quilt home to Connecticut with her. I’ll miss you when she’s gone.
Attached Thumbnails eefc20e3-6fc2-481c-8e7a-1334d27c0bed.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 02-19-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:07 PM

Lobster love your blocks

Pet, wow you are really on a roll, great mixture of blocks. We went through the process of selling and moving last summer after living in the same place for 44 years. It was incredibly stressful. Hope your house sells soon.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:28 PM

Petthefabric, love the neutral 9 patches in my block. Thank you so much for a beautiful block.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

Pretty teacup block, Libster. I love Joelly’s name, too. It’s one of my favorite girl’s names.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Pet, what lovely blocks! It’s really impressive to see them all at one time. You chose beautiful fabrics to use with ours.

Thank you for my chameleon block. I love it!
Old 02-19-2022, 10:27 PM

Wow petthefabric, you have been busy! Great blocks. Libster thank you for my block. I am looking forward to putting these cup blocks together.
Today I have a block for MJPEncintas called Solomon's Star from Quilters Cache. The background on this is purple, not gray. The second block is for Sewbizgirl and is called Blackford's Beauty.
Attached Thumbnails mjpencintas.jpg   sewbizgirl.jpg  
Old 02-20-2022, 06:18 AM

Biblistone love both your blocks and the colors you chose. They really set off the fat 1/8’s