Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome keeps beeping for no reason >

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Old 04-18-2023, 07:29 AM

Unplug your foot pedal. Blow in the hole and wipe the plug end.push the foot pedal plug into the machine.
also, check to make sure your foot is all the way down before starting your next piece. My Janomes will beep and not sew if the pressure foot is not down. Several of my Janomes have multilevel pressure foot lifters, so make sure your foot lifter is firmly down before sewing.
Sometimes foot pedals are faulty. Try a different foot pedal from a dealer or a friend who uses the same janome foot pedal.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:32 AM

I have a 6660 and before that I had the 6650. I traded up as I wanted a larger harp. Have had this one for 10 years, never have taken it in for anything. Prior my 6650 was giving me different problems. After bringing it back for the 4th time within a 2 month period, the dealer said "sometimes a machine is just a lemon and he gave me a brand new one and never had a problem with that one. He did say he was going to send the non-working one in so the manufacturer can figure what is going on. So you may just have a lemon and hopefully where you bought it from will be understanding of that. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:52 AM

I have 2 Janomes, both computorized. I hardly ever use the button that does the 3 stitch end/ beginning tack. The one time l tried it, l found l must've accidently programmed a " start" and "stop" length of stitching , resulting in what you are experiencing. Maybe you accidently selected that button instead of the 'reverse 'or 'cut'? If you turn it off, rest for 10 seconds, it will hopefully forget the command. If not, try unsaving it ( check manual).
Old 04-18-2023, 01:32 PM

Ok so after posting yesterday I turned everything off again and unplugged everything, then plugged it back in. It worked fine until about 30mins ago when the beeping started again, this time when it beeped I just kept my foot on the pedal and it did show a foot pedal ! so I assume it's that. But this machine is only 3 months old. I keep it, and the pedal very clean (the old machine I have I had for 7 years before taking it in for servicing (bad I know, but there really aren't any repair shops anywhere near me anymore) and the guy said it looked brand new inside and that I keep it very nice looking. So it can't be that. I have read a bit and see that these newer Janomes have foot pedal problems, so that's not helping my feeling about this machine, especially since it cost so much (I'm disabled and my LTD is very low, it cost about 2 months worth of it!) Like I said I contacted the shop only a few days past the 30 day return period telling them that I just can't "bond" with the machine and was having issues with my health due to it and was told basically it's my problem now. I contacted them last month about them maybe buying it back to sell used and they never responded since then. It'll cost over $200 to ship it to them for warranty work, each way, so this brand new machine is now going to cost me at least $400 just to get it working right again. I can't afford that. I did just try to contact Janome and they only have the contact form for embroidery machines, mine isn't covered under any form I can find, so now I don't know what to do. I hate to say it (because again my emotions are getting the best of me here due to my health stuff) it's making me just want to quit sewing/quilting. I still have my old machine, so I guess I can just keep using that, but it's getting older and I worry being a computer machine it won't last too long, not sure if what I read is right but they say around 10-15 years tops on them and it's already 9 years old. I just want to get rid of this thing, but I can't sell it since I don't want to pass a problem onto someone else if it's more than just replacing the foot pedal. Plus I spend years saving for it, and then my great aunt passed away and gave me a tiny bit of money so I could actually afford it. I was so excited and now I just feel sick about it.

I will try to contact the dealer again, but I don't have high hopes anything will come of it since they never got back to me about my questions or anything else. Their site doesn't have anything but a number to call instead of an online form, so it might have to wait, not sure when they close.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:44 PM

Janome email support http://www.janome.com/support/genera...ral-inquiries/
Old 04-18-2023, 01:56 PM

Ok so luckily they picked up the phone (they close in 10mins) and they said instead of sending it in for them to look at (since it'll cost so much to ship) they're sending me a new pedal. Really hoping this is the problem, no some wiring issues inside where I'll have to send it back. I also looked to see my order and it isn't on my acct since I placed it on the phone, but I guess they did find it ok since they're sending the pedal out under warranty.

Fingers crossed!!!

If it does solve it I'm still not 100% sure I want to keep it. Like I said if I sew a bit (like less than 10mins) get up and iron, or get the next piece ready I'm ok, but if I sew for more than 15-20mins straight the positioning of the machine really starts to hurt my whole back. I tried different chairs, positioning it farther to the left, etc and nothing helps. (I'm very good at keeping things at 90* angles, that they taught me in PT/OT. Yes with my health issues I don't sew more than 10-15mins at a time anyway, I force myself to change positions so it doesn't bother me as much, but this machine positions me in just the wrong spot. My old one I could do a few pieces and sew for about 20mins without issue. If anyone has any suggestions for other things to try with that I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
thanks!! The only form I could find on the site didn't allow it to be filled out for anything but embroidery. So if this pedal doesn't fix it I'll use that to contact them! Thanks again!!!
Old 04-18-2023, 05:06 PM

Have you tried changing the angle of your machine? Some people wedge the back up a bit. Don't know if it would help, but it is worth a try. You might have to play with the amount you raise the back.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:59 AM

Munchkins has a good idea. Years ago The table I was using was at the wrong height to see what was going on while I was sewing. So I purchased two rubber door stops and placed them under the back of the machine. The stops tilted the machine just right
It worked great.. let us know how your new pedal works.
By the way, most janome machines come with a twenty five year guarantee. It is limited as far as parts., I think, but if this is a new machine then everything should be covered.was your machine new of used?

Last edited by Lady Diana; 04-19-2023 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

For someone in the same life situation as yourself the best place to buy a new machine is Amazon. Easy return for any reason. I returned a new machine because I couldn't bond with it and not one hassle. I ordered another one and I love it. For brands Amazon does not have Sewing Machine Plus is a good online machine shop that has excellent customer service and a person always answers the phone.