Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry goods question >

Marshall Dry goods question

Marshall Dry goods question

Old 06-23-2023, 05:16 AM

Default Marshall Dry goods question

I'm looking for neutrals to use as background fabrics in quilts. any on the board order from Marshall Dry Goods and I'm wondering what you use. If there a color (white or neutral) that you use and would you recommend it. I may want to buy a bolt depending on the price I can get.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:37 AM

I've ordered from Marshall's and have never had a bad deal even when I went for the super low priced fabrics which I was sure would be low quality........but wasn't. Another place to check out is Quilted Twins in Florida. I've ordered from them also mainly backings and have never had a bad piece of fabric. They're always having sales on their fabrics too. I get an email almost daily from them about their sales or new fabrics.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:39 AM

Oh forgot, BattingSupply.com also sales backings in neutral colors at a good price, shocked me when I found this out and I haven't ordered any but I do order their battings. Just another place to check out.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:49 AM
Administrator

i have ordered often from MDG. i'd describe them as medium-grade. they are a value for the price.
you can't beat their price for 108" by-the-bolt. even by-the-yard is less than anywhere else.

there are two different sites for MDG. if you want to buy whole bolts use the wholesale site.
https://marshalldrygoods.com/shop/wholesale/
Old 06-23-2023, 05:57 AM

I ordered from Marshall's quite a bit and never had a problem until my last order. Their Customer Service is a little to be desired.

I buy my fabric by the bolt from them and on my last order, I had ordered 4 or 5 bolts for my blenders. One of the bolts came with the fabric in two pieces. One piece was cut close to but not quite 4 yards long and then the rest of the bolt was in one piece. I emailed them and asked about it, wondering if it could be replaced. I never received a reply. I tried once more and never got an answer back. It perturbed me in that the fabric that was cut was what I was going to use as backing. If they won't even answer an email about a problem with an order, no matter what their procedure is for handing the issue I had, I think that is pretty bad customer service. I don't know if I'm going to order from them again or not. I will definitely have to think about it
Old 06-23-2023, 06:00 AM

I just checked the site battingsupply.com and it comes up as site not found.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:07 AM

I order from them all the time and love the quality of their fabric. Have been buying from them for years!
Old 06-23-2023, 03:38 PM

I have ordered from Marshall Dry Goods several times and have always been very happy with their products and service. I buy their 80/20 Hobbs batting 30 yard rolls. I have also ordered bolts of fabrics I used a lot (cream white and black). They also have a good selection of 108" backing. Their prices seem very reasonable too.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:46 PM

I’ve had no problems with them.

Re white or natural is another topic. Kona whites are warm whites. This doesn’t work with the other colors I usually use. Natural is soft and will be gentle. Cool white will give zing. Warm white is cozy.

As I said this is a topic all its own.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:39 PM

Try Battingsupersale.com. That is who I get emails from on batting. I saw a notice that they had fabric.