Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry goods question >

Marshall Dry goods question

Marshall Dry goods question

Old 06-23-2023, 07:42 PM

I'm surprised they didn't get back to you, as they have responded to me in the past. I'd suggest you try again.
Old 06-24-2023, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I'm looking for neutrals to use as background fabrics in quilts. If there is a color (white or neutral) that you use and would you recommend.
Regarding my favorite neutral background fabric: I use Kona Snow. I buy the 108" quilt back from Amazon.

108'' wide. Fabric is sold by the yard and cut to order. For example, order of 1 yard (Qty=1) is 108'' x 36''. Order of 3 yards (Qty=3) is 108'' x 108''.

The price per yard of 108" backing fabric is less than the equivalent amount of 42" wide fabric.

Here is a link to the item: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Kaufma...91&sr=8-1&th=1

Old 06-24-2023, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

None of the fabric reps there are quilters and maybe a couple of the employees know about quilts. Sometimes I think the reps have no idea about fabric, they just sell it. I do like Dream Cotton and buy it by the bolt. It never bleeds and keeps the color even after lots of washing. I do recommend pre washing it, seems the washing give it a better body. I can't tell Dream Cotton from Moda Bella. The rep did tell me it is manufactured the same as Moda Bella at the same place. That is the only MDG fabric line I buy. The other MDG prints are not as vibrant and have old looking print designs but good quality. I live close enough to go in person so always buy the name brand fabric by the yard. None is over $6.99 a yard even the Hoffman, Timeless Treasures, and Island Batiks. I bought six yard flat folds of Tula Pink and Kaffe Fassett there too. It was gone in a flash! Like I said the reps have really no clue about the fabric designers in the quilt world. At least the ones I have talked to don't.