Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 10-24-2023, 05:14 PM

Ok thanks, that helps.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:42 AM

I feel the excitement in the air. Yiaya -- are you having nightmares about this project? I dream about it all the time and wake up raring to go! I love the subconscious infiltration of our turtle activities. I like your six little turtles, too, at the end of your post. How did you do that?

Turtle news in Corpus Christi: https://www.visitcorpuschristi.com/b...rtle-releases/
Old 10-25-2023, 05:55 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

No nightmares Ibex, just my imagination working through the prospects. I prefer the no dream/nightmare kind of sleep. I’m a tad nervous to work on someone else’s quilt. I am confident that I can, just scared you may not like it. Funny because I have no qualms about all of you working on mine. In fact it’s exciting. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The turtle 🐢 came up when I typed the word. I am on an iPhone 11 I think.

My city is a huge turtle nesting area. In 2022, they counted 9,242 nests along the coast. One of these years I will wake up to see them hatching. I have only lived here two summers and I was in New Hampshire for both of them watching my daughter’s five boys. Better than turtles in my opinion though it is a close call with the teens! 😂

Can everyone please tell me what their favorite color is? Nothing to do with our RR. Just a want to know.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:51 PM

Well I changed my mind about 14 times 🤦 Finally went eenie-meenie-miney-moe and shipped it off to Ibex.

Yiaya - my favorite color kind of depends on the context. My favorite color(s) to wear are pink and navy blue. My kitchen is a cheerful, happy red. I love my bedroom, which is a very peaceful, serene pale bluish-green.

Last edited by Peckish; 10-25-2023 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:58 AM

My package from Ibex94 is supposed to arrive today - I can hardly wait. This will give me time to ooh, aah and have a panic attack before the class with Ricky. But we are venturing where "no one has gone before" and that's kind of awesome
Aiaya, my favorite color lies in the range of dark reds.
One question though, are we totally crazy for starting such a project right at the start of the holiday season?
Wishing everyone a barrel of fun.
Joyce
Old 10-26-2023, 09:26 AM

Joyce -- yes we are crazy to start in the middle of the holiday season but I suspect Ricky will be kind to us on this adventure until January. I hope to work on the BH quilts, too, but the reality in my life is, your quilts are the only thing I will be working on, and I thank you for it!!

I watched a show on reverse applique today... I bet we will be encouraged to try that along the way....

Yiaya, my favorite colors are blue, and green. I wear a lot of both and when buying fabrics I gravitate to the greens and blues usually. I do have a bunch of tan and white clothes too, for summertime.

Speaking of summertime fabric, if any of you have an eyelet outfit that you are thinking about getting rid of, let me know. I am working on a cannibalized cloth eyelet fabric quilt and can always use more variety. I cut the eyelet with a matching cotton under it into 2.5 x 5" rectangles and piece it on the machine. I think I will use it as a baby blanket....

And I forgot to add the signature fabric to my flimsy! I'll be sending it this week to be added to the package. I would be honored if you would each sign it with your name and board name (both) for me to embroider and label the back of my Flinging Flimsy quilt.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:59 AM

Joyce, it's here! And it's gorgeous! Wow! Pretty!

I also forgot a signature block. oops! My bad! I sent fabric that would work, but not a cute block like Joyce included.
So Yiayia, I will send you something specific for signatures.

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 10-27-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:00 PM

Wait - what's this about a signature block?? Did I miss something?
Old 10-27-2023, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Joyce -- yes we are crazy to start in the middle of the holiday season but I suspect Ricky will be kind to us on this adventure until January. I hope to work on the BH quilts, too, but the reality in my life is, your quilts are the only thing I will be working on, and I thank you for it!!

I watched a show on reverse applique today... I bet we will be encouraged to try that along the way....

Yiaya, my favorite colors are blue, and green. I wear a lot of both and when buying fabrics I gravitate to the greens and blues usually. I do have a bunch of tan and white clothes too, for summertime.

Speaking of summertime fabric, if any of you have an eyelet outfit that you are thinking about getting rid of, let me know. I am working on a cannibalized cloth eyelet fabric quilt and can always use more variety. I cut the eyelet with a matching cotton under it into 2.5 x 5" rectangles and piece it on the machine. I think I will use it as a baby blanket....

And I forgot to add the signature fabric to my flimsy! I'll be sending it this week to be added to the package. I would be honored if you would each sign it with your name and board name (both) for me to embroider and label the back of my Flinging Flimsy quilt.

Peckish, I just thought this was a great idea, so I sent one...
I'm hoping for signatures too although I may not embroider them...just put the label on the finished piece to commemorate our Flinging Flimsy Mad Adder party.

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 10-27-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 05:12 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I will be on the lookout for your signature block. I guess I should’ve included one too. I’m one of those bad people that don’t sign them, but this one is special so I love the idea.
Shawnee, Did you get to your post box? I’m waiting to mail you the extra fabric ( and now the signature block) until I hear that you got the center. Tracking says delivered to a package locker or something?
Mean while I keep staring at the great blocks Charm sent ❤️