Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 10-29-2023, 11:07 AM

Joyce -- tracking number says it arrived.

Peckish -- mine is being sent back to you. I can't figure out why. I am going to try to stop it while it is still in Texas. It made it here but I guess the weather was too hot for it....
Old 10-29-2023, 11:41 AM

For 4 days now, I have been looking at Ibex94's block and the fabrics she included. I know exactly what I want to do, but won't begin until we see Ricky's class. My idea may be completely off base, so I will be cautious and not screw it up ahead of time. Hopefully my idea be what we are supposed to do.
Happy slicing, dicing and quilting to everyone.

I didn't make a copy of my manifest - just sent it with the first mailing. Sorry, I missed that instruction.

Joyce
Old 10-29-2023, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Peckish -- mine is being sent back to you. I can't figure out why. I am going to try to stop it while it is still in Texas.
Maddening.

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
I didn't make a copy of my manifest - just sent it with the first mailing. Sorry, I missed that instruction.
Same here. Sorry folks. I also missed the part about sending fabric for signatures. Well.... I guess that's a silver lining, if my package ends up getting returned to me I can add some signature fabric.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:53 PM

Hey all, -- there was no request to scan your manifest to send to WesternWilson. I just thought of it and she may not want to do anything with that info anyway. I will scan all when they arrive at my door. :-)

The request for a signature was just something I mentioned at one point. Not obligatory at all!! If you do want everyone's signature for a label, just send the fabric you want us to sign to the first person you sent your flimsy to. We can include it forward from that point. Fabric for signature label. I apologize for my imprecise usage of quilting terminology. I am always such a newbie, lol. Keeps us all on our toes. Sorry.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
For 4 days now, I have been looking at Ibex94's block and the fabrics she included. I know exactly what I want to do, but won't begin until we see Ricky's class. My idea may be completely off base, so I will be cautious and not screw it up ahead of time. Hopefully my idea be what we are supposed to do.
Happy slicing, dicing and quilting to everyone.Joyce
You do not have to use the fabrics I sent. And there is no way you can do anything wrong with my starter block. Everything is good by me! It can be sliced and diced easily!!

I am waiting for Ricky's meeting, too before I finalize my plans.

The block I am going to be getting is amazing!! I don't want to slice and dice it. Let's see if Ricky convinces me otherwise.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:19 PM

Default Love y’all!

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Oh Shawnee! I’m glad you like it. More importantly, I am thrilled that you are okay. Lol, you didn’t know it but I have been worried and praying for you because I had not seen you post for weeks. Absolutely me being a worry wart old Yiayia. I can’t tell you how happy your post has made me 😁 No matter how many times I told myself that you are a busy, working woman I couldn’t help but worry. Glad that you decided on what to send (funny how much we have all fretted over a simple block).
Could you please tell me your favorite color?
sorry to worry all. I’m keeping my hands so full but am fully participating, promise. My fav color is red, also light red aka pink! Lol
Old 10-30-2023, 09:40 AM

Happy news!! My package was at my front door at noon today! According to the tracking number history it came here and started heading back. Someone figured it out along the way and sent it back to me. Whew!
Old 10-30-2023, 04:15 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

That’s great Ibex! Do we all have one now? I’m really liking this whole experience and we’re just getting started.
Shawnee, How is it that an OR girl says Y’all?
I thought that was a southern expression. 🤣 I have never been to PNW; is it said there too
Old 10-30-2023, 06:16 PM

Yiaya, I have to count on you all to tell me if you didn't get your flimsy. My communication attempt failed and I didn't get everyone's tracking numbers.

I still haven't found my cables to drop images from my phone onto the computer. I think you have all sent pictures to WesternWilson except me. It will happen soon as I have a conference on Nov 1 to drive to.... I don't want it weighing on me. I'll be missing Ricky's "live" class.

It is fascinating how differently I am looking at quilting designs right now as I figure out potential options to add onto the flimsy I am currently caressing. It is a totally new way to look at piecing! Ordinarily I think about colors playing nicely together but now I have to consider true design enhancements. Once I make up my mind, it should be a quick sew but the pondering part right now feels like I am going no where fast!

Those of you who have done round robins before, what guides your decisions on what to do next?
Old 10-31-2023, 09:22 AM

Yiaya -LOL, I think I've been on social too long. Even though I don't say y'all too much in person, it really seemed to fit for our little group. =) And can I say again how beautiful your block is? ! I hope we don't have to cut it up, because I would hate that!!
ibex94 - you didn't get my tracking because I drove my package personally.
Peckish - I didn't ring the bell because I didn't want to scare you! I hope the game was great. My block is very simple so feel free to do as you are inspired.