Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 10-31-2023, 11:58 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Shawnee,

it does kind of fit us, you’re right! 😂

I am glad you like it and cut it if you want to. Pretty sure Ricky said that he’s not saying we have to cut it only that if you think it would benefit the look you’re going for, you should just do it. It’s only fabric and thread, easy enough to make another. That being said, I don’t see me cutting Charm’s block either; way too nice a piece.

Ibex, why not ask Joyce to send the picture before she adds to it?

I am sure hoping that Ricky gives us a few pointers on next steps, I keep having great ideas then talking myself out of them.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:12 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 11-01-2023, 06:45 AM

And happy November 1
It's finally here.....our first 'class'
Sew looking forward to this!
Old 11-01-2023, 09:24 AM

Well, at least the challenge is not too difficult to incorporate in whatever we choose to do.
I was envisioning that he was going to come up with something totally weird.
This is my first Round Robin. Has anyone ever done one before this class and if so was it more challenging than this round?
Old 11-01-2023, 10:41 AM

I've never done a Round Robin before, but I've talked to a lot of friends and quilters who have.

I believe Ricky's version is more challenging because most round robins don't give suggestions or have parameters and/or challenges that need to be incorporated. You just get a block and have to add to it however you want. So far, I'm digging Ricky's version.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:07 PM

At first, it frustrated me that there doesn't seem to be a "player" attached to Ricky's videos - no visible way to fast forward, rewind, pause, etc. His email said they're working on it. However, I discovered today that if you click the picture-in-picture option at the bottom right corner, a separate window will pop out that has a player at the bottom. The window can be made larger by clicking on the upper edge of the window and dragging up.
Hope this helps!
Old 11-01-2023, 01:29 PM

Thanks Peckish
I went to the vimeo link that Ricky provided until he gets it sorted, but your solution is better. Then I realized I don't really need/want to watch this again anyway....

This is my first round robin rodeo...it seems like a bit of a slow start, but then, this sort of thing often is.
I'm glad I didn't work ahead as it sounds like some did. Almost did cuz I hate to wait...

I have (I think) a great idea for this challenge....I hope it works. I was sure sent some pretty fabric to work with!
Fingers, toes eyes & thread crossed.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:36 PM

Default Round Robins

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I've never done a Round Robin before, but I've talked to a lot of friends and quilters who have.

I believe Ricky's version is more challenging because most round robins don't give suggestions or have parameters and/or challenges that need to be incorporated. You just get a block and have to add to it however you want. So far, I'm digging Ricky's version.
This is different for me, because the Round Robins or Row Robins I've done had you add an entire border or an entire row to the project sent. This one is definitely more creatively driven.

I'm so glad I don't have to cut up the beautiful starting piece I was sent by Yiaya!
Old 11-02-2023, 01:13 PM

Plix,
I received your quilt label today. What am I supposed to use to sign it? I will send whatever type of pen you need with it so that you have consistency but want you to choose the type. Please
Old 11-02-2023, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Plix,
I received your quilt label today. What am I supposed to use to sign it? I will send whatever type of pen you need with it so that you have consistency but want you to choose the type. Please
Oh
Thanks Yiayia
If you like, I will send you a pen.
I meant to send one with the block, but then thought it might be fun if everyone did what they liked. I keep second-guessing myself. yikes.

consistency isn't that important to me, but waterproof / fadeproof is when it comes to pens.
Any Sharpie would work.
Of course if anyone simply can't stop themselves from embroidery...well... gotta do what they gotta do. Crayons would be fun too...

My only worry was space. I hope it's big enough for everyone to find room to sign.

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 11-02-2023 at 01:49 PM.